Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott 5K Bonus Points per 2 Night Stay Up To 3 Stays in Midwest/Southeast

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2008, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most

http://www.5000bonuspoints.com/

Get 5,000 Marriott Rewards Bonus Points...

When you book two nights at participating Marriott Hotels & Resorts. Whether it's a relaxing weekend getaway or a productive business trip, we have a hotel for you.

No matter where you go, our award-winning service and comfortable accommodations await you.

Book two nights or more between Monday, September 22, 2008 and Sunday, December 14, 2008 and be 5,000 points ahead for your next journey.

Terms & Conditions:

Select Marriott Rewards members who stay at one of the 90 participating Marriott Hotels & Resorts will earn 5,000 points per stay with a total of three stays or 15,000 maximum earnable points. Stays must occur between September 22 and December 14, 2008 at participating Marriott Hotels & Resorts in AL, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, OH, TN and WI. This offer is non-transferable. Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member's nights or stays. Marriott Rewards points will be posted six weeks after the end of the promotional period. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply. Visit www.5000BonusPoints.com or call 1-888-MARRIOTT for complete details. 2008 Marriott International, Inc.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Appears no registration is required.....
Old Sep 25, 2008, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by fredlisancnc
Appears no registration is required.....
The T&C's are referring to Select Marriott Rewards members... so it could be targeted or then not.

Sometimes I get mystery bonus points for staying at Marriott chain hotels that are obviously promotion based. The only thing is that I hadn't been even aware of such promotions.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by holtju2
The T&C's are referring to Select Marriott Rewards members... so it could be targeted or then not.

Sometimes I get mystery bonus points for staying at Marriott chain hotels that are obviously promotion based. The only thing is that I hadn't been even aware of such promotions.
Did this come to you by e-mail?

Could the Marriott Concierge enlighten us as to whether this is a target offer?
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:07 am

No Canadian or international properties
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Reading further into the T&C's they state the offer is non-transferable...which would lead one to beleive that it is a targeted offer. ALSO - using the link provided I see the offer - but when I log in and look under promotions it is not there.

References the Southeast - but no North or South Carolina properties - too bad, I actually have some stays coming up in those states.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Answer

I have yet to receive an answer about this, has anyone else? Btw- just b/c it's not in your promotions doesn't mean you don't get the points. The hotels (really MI) could be running a promo for MR (elites perhaps) members who stay at these hotels. I once got 2000 points from JW Marriott Miami that I had no idea I was gonna get. Posted as 2000 points Newsletter.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 12:13 am

The web site is suspicious.

The WHOIS shows an anonymous domain name registration at GoDaddy. This could be a phishing site.

Look at the difference between Marriott.com and 5000bonuspoints.com:

http://whois.domaintools.com/marriott.com

http://whois.domaintools.com/5000bonuspoints.com

Also, even though i am logged into marriott.com, the web site at 5000bonuspoints.com does not recognize me and wants me to provide login and password again.

If this is a legitimate Marriott website, then they should clean up these major issues.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 12:22 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
EDIT: Just called Marriott Platinum Line and they confirmed that this website IS legitimate

Last edited by NDDomer86; Sep 29, 2008 at 12:35 am
Old Sep 29, 2008, 2:37 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by travelismylife
...Btw- just b/c it's not in your promotions doesn't mean you don't get the points. The hotels (really MI) could be running a promo for MR (elites perhaps) members who stay at these hotels. I once got 2000 points from JW Marriott Miami that I had no idea I was gonna get. Posted as 2000 points Newsletter.
I agree, that has happened to me as well. But when I checked, I found the bonus was listed in both the newsletter that came with my statement as well as the on-line promop section of MR - I just had not seen it.

bulldoggolfer05 - did you find out whether it was targeted?
Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:16 am
Suspended

Ok

But when I checked it didn't show the promotion anyway in, under, or near my acct. or on Marriott.com I'm sure diff. promotions work diff. ways. Just relating my experiences. Never read the newsletter.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:33 am
Suspended

Gave up waiting for an e-mail

I just gave up waiting for an e-mail response from Marriott Rewards. I called and after much discussion (first 5 minutes spent just trying to find the promotion- another 5 trying to register and then more time talking with the manager...) it seems this is a targeted offed and I can't get it. Too bad, I had 5 qualifying stays for this promotion.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:17 pm

Programs: Hawaiian Air Fold, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum
I had a qualifying stay based on the posted info last week and a bonus was not posted to my account although the base points have posted.

Perry
Old Sep 30, 2008, 7:17 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Posting of bonus points

Per the OP, the T&Cs read "Marriott Rewards points will be posted six weeks after the end of the promotional period."

I wish I could get this promo too. I will be staying at one of the listed properties every week and could certainly use all the bonuses I get.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 1:14 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

This is a targeted promotion. Members who received an email have been auto registered, and need only have a stay that meets the promotion criteria a participating hotel.

Regards,
Ira

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.