Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Gold Status-useless....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Marriott Gold Status-useless....

After 3 Stays i can say- Marriott Status is useless for me.....

Marriott Los Angeles Airport- no Upgrade, no Lounge, no Breakfast
CY Frankfurt Germany- no Upgrade.........
Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Upgrade is subject to availability, at check-in.

You only list 1 issue with Lounge/Breakfast - are you saying that you confirmed your Gold status at check-in and they refused Lounge access (I think there's a lounge at LAX, iirc). If so, I'd contact customer service - that's unacceptable and feedback needs to be provided.

was there a 3rd stay?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:15 pm

Well maybe you didn't get an upgrade because Marriott is giving away Gold Elite membership for ALL Flying Blue & BA FF members and one of the 'free golds" got your upgrade.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Boooma
After 3 Stays i can say- Marriott Status is useless for me.....

CY Frankfurt Germany- no Upgrade.........
You should get the $100.00 for the lack of lounge access given to you. The LAX Marriott has a lounge.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:56 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Boooma
They have a lounge, so breakfast coupons would not be offerred per Marriott Rewards T&Cs. When I have stayed there my key card has always been programed for access to their CL without asking or even mentioning the lounge.

Did you go up to the lounge and discover your key card did not work?

If so, when you went to the front desk to have your key card properly programmed did they refuse to allow you access to the lounge?

If they refused you access, then you should have asked for your Elite Benefits Guarantee as mentioned above.

I assume this was on a Sunday-Thursday night stay. Their lounge is closed on Friday and Saturday evenings and they are not required to provide breakfast coupons on weekends, although many FS non-resort properties have in my experience. Actually you can access their lounge on weekends for water and sodas, but nothing more in the way of food or drink is provided in the lounge. FWIW, at LAX my preference is the Renaissance whose lounge is open 7 days a week.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Jun 12, 2008 at 5:50 pm
Old Jun 12, 2008, 4:01 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hi Boooma,

As CPRich mentioned, upgrades are subject to availability.

In regards to Lounge access at the Marriott Los Angeles Airport, when was the date of your stay?

Best regards,

Drew
Old Jun 12, 2008, 4:05 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
FWIW, at LAX my preference is the Renaissance whose lounge is open 7 days a week.

And the fact that they have the BEST french onion soup!!!!
Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
oh my,,,,now as much as MI as pi***d me off in the last few years this is more than a little harsh
You are willing to judge a whole chain by 2 properties?
One being an airport location
If this is going to be the end result of MR being overly generous with the free access to MR gold if you are a member of certain airlines FF programs I think MI is in for some nasty buisiness
Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:52 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
You are willing to judge a whole chain by 2 properties?
One being an airport location
And the other being a CY? I mean really, what does one expect to be upgraded to at a CY?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
You know, I've never been upgraged as a gold member. I assume i stay in full hotels (that just happen to be selling concierge rooms when I check in sometimes...). Did get an offer to buy an upgrade at at hawaii resort.

But, the rooms are fine, I always get lounge access and late checkout when necessary. ^ here.

50th night tonight, so another year of gold in store....
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
And the fact that they have the BEST french onion soup!!!!
They most definitely do but you have to order it from room service though.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
Well maybe you didn't get an upgrade because Marriott is giving away Gold Elite membership for ALL Flying Blue & BA FF members and one of the 'free golds" got your upgrade.
I certainly took advantage of that offer... though this thread makes me think it's all for naught. Perhaps that's what happens when you give status free to anyone - you get what you pay for.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Marriott has a lot of elite members, and if you check in with a bunch of other gold and platinum members, you might not get an upgrade as a gold.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 1:50 am
-DSH-

Programs: BDDC Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, EK Plat
First of all, I'm a Gold Elite thanks to the FB Promo, but I've booked two stays with Marriott whereas I could've booked a Hilton property instead. Just to show that I will be loyal to Marriott.

Secondly, I have a PL booking for the SF Marriott Downtown. If I won't get an upgraded room, will I still get lounge access? I've read that you only get into the CL with a room key of certain (club level?) floors?

Last edited by 777-9X; Jun 13, 2008 at 1:56 am
Old Jun 13, 2008, 4:59 am

If you have the Plat or Gold status; and your your MR # is attached to your (PL) reservation you are entitled to CL access whether or not your room in on a floor that is designated as Concierge Level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.