Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

5 'Events' for Gold status - No note of what an event it

5 'Events' for Gold status - No note of what an event it

 
Old Jun 2, 08, 1:47 am
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,715
5 'Events' for Gold status - No note of what an event it

Can anyone tell me what an event is in Marriott terms. I usually only do Marriott when I'm going to a convention. I'm wondering what this means in terms of hotel status. I'd like to find a way to Gold that doesn't require me staying in Marriott's for 50 days a year. Thanks.
thegeneral is offline  
Old Jun 2, 08, 1:56 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Spire/Amb, SPG Gld, HH Gld
Posts: 3,748
Try this for instant Gold - http://joinmarriottrewards.com/BA/BAG1/

Signed up for it for my wife, and it worked (wanted to keep my own MR account as I have points in it - but I hguess I could have signed up with my office address).

Via this thread http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805052&
dgwright99 is offline  
Old Jun 2, 08, 4:40 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CLT
Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Posts: 3,441
You can sign up at mentioned link. They will merge your request with existing account and upgrade it to Gold.
iztok is offline  
Old Jun 2, 08, 6:12 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DWC/DXB
Programs: FB Silver, MR Platinum (Life), EK Silver, DL, UA Premier, BA, HH Gold, A3 *Silver
Posts: 3,048
Originally Posted by thegeneral View Post
Can anyone tell me what an event is in Marriott terms. I usually only do Marriott when I'm going to a convention. I'm wondering what this means in terms of hotel status. I'd like to find a way to Gold that doesn't require me staying in Marriott's for 50 days a year. Thanks.
Hi thegeneral,

An event in my understanding is the organization of a meeting at Marriott, with you being the main account responsible. For example, all the meeting room charges, and additional would get charged to your account.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
GenevaFlyer is offline  
Old Jun 2, 08, 9:42 am
  #5  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,715
Gotcha. I'll go the BA route as people have suggested. Does anyone know how long this will take? I just made the other account and tied it to the BA program.

Last edited by thegeneral; Jun 2, 08 at 10:09 am
thegeneral is offline  
Old Jun 2, 08, 1:07 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SMF
Programs: MR Platinum
Posts: 406
No dice on the upgrade in account for me. Signed up via BA promotion and called MR to get my new account with gold merged with my existing account. Rep said gold elite only for new members
AnalogMan is offline  
Old Jun 2, 08, 6:12 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA EXP, DL GM, Stwd Plat, Marriott Gold
Posts: 220
Has anyone successfully managed to implement the "create & merge" tactic as suggested above by iztok?
doodiedan is offline  
Old Jun 2, 08, 6:27 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Programs: EZ Pass, Starbucks Gold, Red Cross blood donor
Posts: 4,728
Originally Posted by thegeneral View Post
Can anyone tell me what an event is in Marriott terms. ~snip~
Check the link here. There is a link in that link talking about elite status.
bitburgr is offline  
Old Jun 6, 08, 6:22 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hebron, CT
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by doodiedan View Post
Has anyone successfully managed to implement the "create & merge" tactic as suggested above by iztok?
I applied for the BA promo last week and did nothing else and this week my Silver MR account became Gold. I never called to merge accounts.

Joe
hedo_traveler is offline  
Old Jun 6, 08, 9:15 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MCO - Where's the Admirals Club?
Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
Posts: 1,268
Originally Posted by doodiedan View Post
Has anyone successfully managed to implement the "create & merge" tactic as suggested above by iztok?
Yes, dont call, just give it a week or so.
SlowTrekker is offline  
Old Jun 7, 08, 11:04 am
  #11  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 831
Originally Posted by dgwright99 View Post
Try this for instant Gold - http://joinmarriottrewards.com/BA/BAG1/

Signed up for it for my wife, and it worked (wanted to keep my own MR account as I have points in it - but I hguess I could have signed up with my office address).

Via this thread http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805052&
Is it worth to get gold status?

I have already SPG Platinum and also Hilton Diamond.

Wonder if I shall also obtain Marriot Gold
Didi is offline  
Old Jun 8, 08, 10:49 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Posts: 1,024
Originally Posted by hedo_traveler View Post
I applied for the BA promo last week and did nothing else and this week my Silver MR account became Gold. I never called to merge accounts.

Joe
Did you just use all the same info as your current account? I was looking for somewhere else to stay as an alternative to IC. This might be a good reason to come back to Marriott sometimes.

*EDIT* After reading the linked thread, it looks like I just need to use the same credentials. Hope it works.

Last edited by edlin303; Jun 8, 08 at 10:57 am
edlin303 is offline  
Old Jun 8, 08, 5:29 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hebron, CT
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by edlin303 View Post
Did you just use all the same info as your current account? I was looking for somewhere else to stay as an alternative to IC. This might be a good reason to come back to Marriott sometimes.

*EDIT* After reading the linked thread, it looks like I just need to use the same credentials. Hope it works.
Yea, I did. Same name, address, and email.
hedo_traveler is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: