Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

5 'Events' for Gold status - No note of what an event it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2008, 12:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Can anyone tell me what an event is in Marriott terms. I usually only do Marriott when I'm going to a convention. I'm wondering what this means in terms of hotel status. I'd like to find a way to Gold that doesn't require me staying in Marriott's for 50 days a year. Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 12:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Try this for instant Gold - http://joinmarriottrewards.com/BA/BAG1/

Signed up for it for my wife, and it worked (wanted to keep my own MR account as I have points in it - but I hguess I could have signed up with my office address).

Via this thread http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805052&
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:40 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
You can sign up at mentioned link. They will merge your request with existing account and upgrade it to Gold.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:12 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by thegeneral
Can anyone tell me what an event is in Marriott terms. I usually only do Marriott when I'm going to a convention. I'm wondering what this means in terms of hotel status. I'd like to find a way to Gold that doesn't require me staying in Marriott's for 50 days a year. Thanks.
Hi thegeneral,

An event in my understanding is the organization of a meeting at Marriott, with you being the main account responsible. For example, all the meeting room charges, and additional would get charged to your account.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jun 2, 2008, 8:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Gotcha. I'll go the BA route as people have suggested. Does anyone know how long this will take? I just made the other account and tied it to the BA program.

Last edited by thegeneral; Jun 2, 2008 at 9:09 am
Old Jun 2, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: MR Platinum
No dice on the upgrade in account for me. Signed up via BA promotion and called MR to get my new account with gold merged with my existing account. Rep said gold elite only for new members
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Has anyone successfully managed to implement the "create & merge" tactic as suggested above by iztok?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:27 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by thegeneral
Can anyone tell me what an event is in Marriott terms. ~snip~
Check the link here. There is a link in that link talking about elite status.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by doodiedan
Has anyone successfully managed to implement the "create & merge" tactic as suggested above by iztok?
I applied for the BA promo last week and did nothing else and this week my Silver MR account became Gold. I never called to merge accounts.

Joe
Old Jun 6, 2008, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by doodiedan
Yes, dont call, just give it a week or so.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 10:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dgwright99
Try this for instant Gold - http://joinmarriottrewards.com/BA/BAG1/

Signed up for it for my wife, and it worked (wanted to keep my own MR account as I have points in it - but I hguess I could have signed up with my office address).

Via this thread http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805052&
Is it worth to get gold status?

I have already SPG Platinum and also Hilton Diamond.

Wonder if I shall also obtain Marriot Gold
Old Jun 8, 2008, 9:49 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by hedo_traveler
I applied for the BA promo last week and did nothing else and this week my Silver MR account became Gold. I never called to merge accounts.

Joe
Did you just use all the same info as your current account? I was looking for somewhere else to stay as an alternative to IC. This might be a good reason to come back to Marriott sometimes.

*EDIT* After reading the linked thread, it looks like I just need to use the same credentials. Hope it works.

Last edited by edlin303; Jun 8, 2008 at 9:57 am
Old Jun 8, 2008, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by edlin303
Did you just use all the same info as your current account? I was looking for somewhere else to stay as an alternative to IC. This might be a good reason to come back to Marriott sometimes.

*EDIT* After reading the linked thread, it looks like I just need to use the same credentials. Hope it works.
Yea, I did. Same name, address, and email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.