Marriott Chicago O'Hare

Old Mar 7, 08, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Question Marriott Chicago O'Hare

We are staying at the Marriott Chicago O'Hare shortly en-route to PVR. Does anyone know if the concierge lounge is open on a Friday night & Saturday morning?

I have searched the sticky 'Concierge Lounges Open On Weekends' but unable to find anything.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Mar 7, 08, 8:08 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Last time I stayed there (which admittedly has been a few months back) the CL was not open on the weekends, although I do not remember if they give breakfast coupons or not (I'm inclined to say no, but I'll admit I don't particularly remember). If I may make a suggestion though, if your rate is not significantly lower at the Marriott O'Hare might I suggest trying to Marriott Suites or Renaissance Suites, both also O'Hare properties, and both offering a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport. There's nothing particularly bad per se about the Marriott, but the rooms are extremely dated, and there were some carpet issues with the room I was offered. I have stayed at all three, and my preference is the Renaissance Suites O'Hare but the Marriott Suites is a fine property as well.
Old Mar 8, 08, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond,
We stayed at the Airport Residence Inn using a Park and Fly rate during our last trip to PVR. The suite was great, they had a nice breakfast and the shuttle was comfortable and not a long ride at all. Enjoy PVR. I'm very jealous!
Old Mar 8, 08, 8:12 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
As I recall, the CL at the Marriott is not open on weekends.

The Marriott Suites and the Ren Suites do not have lounges...and both of them have a dearth of opportunities on premise for shopping (read: the gift shops are pretty lame at those 2)

If you stay at the Marriott, there is a Dominick's grocery store across the street.

You can also reach it from the Renaissance by accessing the train station entrance, which takes you over the train tracks and the Expressway to the same side of the road that the Marriott is located at.
Old Mar 8, 08, 10:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
IIRC, the Ren Suites has a concierge lounge. I've stayed at the Marriott and the Ren Suites, but not the Marriott Suites. The Marriott is OK, but the Ren Suites is better.

Can't say whether either one have a lounge open on the weekends.
Old Jul 16, 14, 6:03 am

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold; Hyatt & MLife-Platinum, RCI-Diamond
Chicago Marriott O'Hare room selection help?

My business is near the airport for three days before I head into town for other meetings, so I'm staying at the Chicago Marriott O'Hare for a few days. As an Platinum Elite, when I receive those virtual concierge emails, I like to pre-request room types which work only about 70% of the time. I'm not sure as the reviews are all over the place, complaining about small rooms, etc. typically I ask to be on the concierge floor where I will spend time for sure and that's about it.

But I also intend to spend much time at their very nice pool each afternoon. I also like balconies. It looks to me, from some poor photos, that the rooms facing the pool have balconies.

Do the rooms on the concierge floor have balconies also?

Help me decide. Thanks

BTW, as far as reviews go, I don't understand why so many people complain that a Marriott charges for wifi. Unless you are in a lower category, all high end hotels charge for internet.
Old Jul 16, 14, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by trekker954 View Post

BTW, as far as reviews go, I don't understand why so many people complain that a Marriott charges for wifi. Unless you are in a lower category, all high end hotels charge for internet.
It's been too many years since I've stayed at ORD Marriott, so can't give you input.

Re: i-net charges. People who are used to staying at the 2nd tier brands of chains are used to free i-net, so they're surprised & irritated when they discover the higher end brand charges. Folk who stay in higher end hotels who do not get free i-net through elite status or who don't have a company paying for it also get irritated. The thought process is, if the 2nd tier brands can do it for free, why can't the higher end brands. The higher end brands thought process is, hey let's charge because everyone is on an expense account.

I hope someone is able to answer your questions re: the property. My question would be, which side gets less noise as the property is under approach flight path IIRC.

Cheers.
Old Jul 31, 14, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold; Hyatt & MLife-Platinum, RCI-Diamond
Want to report back. I was assigned room in tower part of hotel concierge floor. Very nice room. Concierge lounge was okay. Free access to water, soda, coffee all day and night. Breakfast very good, cookies and nuts mid day, happy hour choices not to my liking. Honor bar options ok, wine no choices. Staff was very nice throughout hotel. I'm glad I didn't get a room by the pool. From the outside they looked very motelish. The pool was great, always pretty deserted. I enjoyed it every day.
Old Aug 1, 14, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update!

Cheers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: