Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

How far in advance can I book with Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Iirc, it's around 2a on Saturday between 50 weeks (Friday res) and 50 weeks, 6 days (Saturday res) in advance. But it's been several years since I tracked it down to that level of detail, so it may have changed.

Try it at 51, and if it doesn't show up try it at 50.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:36 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by CPRich
it's around 2a
Eastern time?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:52 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by CPRich
Iirc, it's around 2a on Saturday between 50 weeks (Friday res) and 50 weeks, 6 days (Saturday res) in advance. But it's been several years since I tracked it down to that level of detail, so it may have changed.

Try it at 51, and if it doesn't show up try it at 50.
I can name several hotels that don't follow this. One in particular is not open for MR or ANY bookings still for the end of this year--and thats WAY under 50 weeks.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
See the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ok-points.html for insights on answers to your questions, as the info there is still valid as it has not changed over the years.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ggator
I am waiting to make a MR reservation for next February.

I understand the inventory is released on Sundays for 50? 51? weeks in advance.

Can someone confirm if it is 50 or 51 weeks in advance? And also comment on what time the inventory is released? midnight? 8 am? What time zone?

If I am trying to make a reservation for 6 nights that spans the weekend, will I have to call twice...once to get the first 3 days, then call the next Sunday to try and book the last 3 days?

Thanks.
you are correct it's Sunday morning
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:14 am
kkl

What time is next year's room released?

What time are the new award inventory loaded? Eg 2019 award

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:16 am

MR inventory release time
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:58 am
kkl

Thanks

I'm understanding it as award stays are loaded approx on a Sunday for 51 weeks ahead? Is this correct? Also is there a timezone it's loaded?

as im trying to book RC Kyoto for sakura season but seems the further-est week is booked out

Last edited by kkl; Apr 14, 2018 at 6:42 am
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by kkl
I'm understanding it as award stays are loaded approx on a Sunday for 51 weeks ahead? Is this correct? Also is there a timezone it's loaded?
This is not always true. If you find there are no rooms available it does not necessarily mean someone sitting next to a screen beat you to the reservation. I recently could not get a reservation on what should have been the first date the reservation was available and was told those rooms would not be available for two weeks and that the hotel took care of the bookings themselves, giving preference to Plat awards members. Call the hotel directly and ask them your questions because the answer I've learned can differ from hotel to hotel. For example, if you think the general rule is rooms should be available on the 12th but it turns out it is the 19th you might miss your opportunity.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by kkl
What time are the new award inventory loaded? Eg 2019 award

Thanks
I was studying the room availability pattern for a few weeks last month for Ritz in Japan and I found out that there are actually black out dates if we are checking the rooms from North America. So for some dates, you will never see rewards for that hotel I was checking cuz I was checking from North America.

But most hotels release their rooms availability (either pay or with points) about 50 weeks out.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
50 weeks out at midnight eastern time on Saturday night the next week of inventory is released. So the next week of inventory will be loaded in 1 hour an 15 minutes from the time I made this post. While 99% of hotels adhere to this routine, there are some exceptions like, FOR EXAMPLE, conference hotels who withhold all inventory until pending contracts are finalized. Also if it is a special event, the hotel may have a corporate approved exception for the special event. In that case no AWARD inventory would be available. I don't know if Cherry Blossoms in Japan would be a special event, but if it was, the hotel(s) would need it approved by Corporate Marriott.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:58 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
50 weeks out at midnight eastern time on Saturday night the next week of inventory is released. So the next week of inventory will be loaded in 1 hour an 15 minutes from the time I made this post. While 99% of hotels adhere to this routine, there are some exceptions like, FOR EXAMPLE, conference hotels who withhold all inventory until pending contracts are finalized. Also if it is a special event, the hotel may have a corporate approved exception for the special event. In that case no AWARD inventory would be available. I don't know if Cherry Blossoms in Japan would be a special event, but if it was, the hotel(s) would need it approved by Corporate Marriott.
Just checked. Cash rates have been loaded, but no award Inventory
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, HH G, IHG P, Hyatt P
I booked the March 20-25 2019 at the RC Kyoto. It was the furthest out I have been able to get. I'll keep checking for later but I wanted to lock something in in case points are devalued after tomorrow's announcement.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:30 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by ENycSea
I booked the March 20-25 2019 at the RC Kyoto. It was the furthest out I have been able to get. I'll keep checking for later but I wanted to lock something in in case points are devalued after tomorrow's announcement.
That's exactly what I'm seeing. 25th being the last date.

I managed to get up to 27th March 2018 for this year but had to cancel last minute
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by kkl

That's exactly what I'm seeing. 25th being the last date.

I managed to get up to 27th March 2018 for this year but had to cancel last minute
I forgot where I read it from but someone said Ritz Kyoto blocks off 2 weeks (end of March and first week of April) because they are already always fully booked from Japanese tourists and from Japen travel agents. Not sure if it's the truth but I also do see the last day being March 25th 2019 at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.