Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Marriott room in San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Need Marriott room in San Antonio

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but I am travelling to San Antonio for work on Friday, February 1. I am trying to get to Gold this year and would like to stay at a Marriott, but all the rooms are sold out. Obviously, I don't have the status to get a guaranteed room.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:15 pm

Programs: CO-Silver, Hertz, Marriott Silver, Hilton
What have you tried so far?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:59 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving this over to the Marriott Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 25, 2008, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Marriott San Antonio

I have searched online for all Marriott properties in the area. I've tried to call the locations directly. I've had no success. What I was thinking is that I've heard sometimes people who book rooms that they can't refund for some reason try to sell them on Ebay or something. I know it's a longshot...but a room night is a room night.

Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2008, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
The only other thing I can think of is going to another city nearby. (AUS)
Old Jan 26, 2008, 3:09 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
AUS has rooms - it is about 80 miles to San Antonio. The Airport Marriott - about the closer property to San Antonio - is available for $119. I am not that famiiar with Texas, so there may be other properties closer. There is obviously something going on in San Antonio; which means you are now going to have trouble finding ANY room - (or at least one you would want to stay in). AUS may be your only bet if you must go on that date -
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
The marriott.com web site is showing 21 Marriott properties in Greater San Antonio. Are they all sold out for the dates you want?

If so, Austin is your next bet. The highway between the two is pretty good, but is always under construction so traffic can be heavy.

The Courtyard Austin Convention Center is pretty nice and recently re-furbished. I got a small suite with two flatscreen TVs for a fairly reasonable price. It is very near the highway to San Antonio.

Hope you find something in SAT! But if you have to commute from AUS, don't forget the world's largest outlet mall at San Marcos. Its right on your way!
Old Jan 26, 2008, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
BTW, the rodeo is in SA right now. Need to book ahead for reservations during the rodeo weeks.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

All great suggestions...thanks for all the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.