Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring Mega Bonus 2/2 - 5/15

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, Continental Silver
Smile Spring Mega Bonus 2/2 - 5/15

I just learned from Gold Customer Service that there will be a Spring Mega Bonus offering from 2/2/08 until 5/15/08. Details of the promo are not yet available.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Cool... I also received a little mini-promo email today - do 2 weekend stays at Marriotts, earn 5,000 points. Haven't read the fine print yet... (e.g., does a stay with 1 paid night and 1 EEO night count...I don't know).
Old Jan 11, 2008, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
Cool... I also received a little mini-promo email today - do 2 weekend stays at Marriotts, earn 5,000 points. Haven't read the fine print yet... (e.g., does a stay with 1 paid night and 1 EEO night count...I don't know).
I'm hoping the stay with the EEO counts as well....can't see why it wouldn't...I have 3 nights this weekend in 2 different Chicago Marriotts (one night with an EEO) so I can wrap up this promo by Monday.

Old Jan 11, 2008, 9:19 am

Are all Marriott mega bonuses tied to VISA?
Old Jan 11, 2008, 9:28 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by damon2
Since at least 2001. I used to have a corporate AMEX and always missed out. Got a new job last year and our new issued card is Visa ^
Old Jan 11, 2008, 10:17 am

Not this one.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wasn't aware that they were, and I've banged away at every promo Marriott has run in the past few years.

I have a Marriott Visa (naturally ) and I always use it, so I never paid much attention. However, there was a promotion (in 2004, IIRC) that was tied to AMEX.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Rewards_Guy
Not this one.

Sweeeeeet!
Old Jan 11, 2008, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Nobody, Hertz Gold, Avis Select
Yes, not all MegaBonus promotions are tied to Visa. I'm pretty sure the one before the last one was not tied to a Visa. I didn't make this one because of the Visa requirement but I had way more than 20 nights needed. Oh well, there'll be another one sooner or later...
Old Jan 11, 2008, 7:48 pm

Programs: Marriott, Delta
Originally Posted by BigLar
I wasn't aware that they were, and I've banged away at every promo Marriott has run in the past few years.

I have a Marriott Visa (naturally ) and I always use it, so I never paid much attention. However, there was a promotion (in 2004, IIRC) that was tied to AMEX.

I was on the phone with customer service when the last mega bonus was ending. She reminded me about the end date and when I told her I had to use corporate Amex she replied "oh, just wait spring then"
Looks like we should be in luck.

Last edited by loveit; Jan 11, 2008 at 7:49 pm Reason: spellcheck
Old Jan 11, 2008, 7:55 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by flyerwife
I'm hoping the stay with the EEO counts as well....can't see why it wouldn't...I have 3 nights this weekend in 2 different Chicago Marriotts (one night with an EEO) so I can wrap up this promo by Monday.

I know this may not be the right thread, so I am sorry in advance, but as a gold, I never seem to get the EEO offers, certainly not any with free nights! I get "non commissionable" discount nights, but that is it.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:23 pm

What are the inclusive (effective) dates of the promotion?

Edited to add: Never mind, I found the answer in another thread.
Stays must occur between January 10 and April 27, 2008 at participating Marriott Hotels & Resorts and JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts in the Continental U.S. and Canada. Must stay over a Friday or Saturday night to receive 2,500 points per stay. Registration is required. This offer is non-transferable.

Last edited by Counsellor; Jan 11, 2008 at 8:33 pm
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:51 pm

Can you please post the offer?

Never mind I found the other thread

Last edited by imverge; Jan 11, 2008 at 8:58 pm
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can this possibly be true? I mean, the current MegaBonus doesn't end until the 18th, and they're going to start another one on Feb 2?

I'll say this though ... it works! Since I have a choice of where I stay, these promos keep me glued to Marriott, especially since there is essentially nothing running with either Hilton or Choice.

Whoo-hoo! Bring it on!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.