Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Calgary Residence Inn - Leaving Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, Marriott PLT, Hilton GLD, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond

Received this from Marriott this morning.
Our records indicate that we are presently holding a reservation for you at the Calgary Airport Residence Inn. Effective Friday, June 22, 2007, the hotel will no longer be associated with the Marriott name, but will continue normal operations as Lakeview Signature Suites hotel and your reservations will be honored.
Our reservation system will not show your reservation past this date. We encourage you to call the hotel directly at (403) 735-3336 should you need to re-confirm, change or cancel your current room accommodations. If you wish to make alternate Marriott arrangements, please call our Marriott World Wide reservations at 800-228-9290.
So just a heads up to anyone who might have bookings there. I guess what is disappointing is the two days notice of this change, if I hadn't been checking up on emails etc. then could very easily have shown up and been rather surprised! Its not as if these things aren't planned weeks and months in advance...
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Thanks for confirming what I'd only suspected up until now, Traviss.

Sheesh, first the Canmore Residence Inn rebrands now its sister property in Calgary close to the airport? So much for expanding the Marriott brand in Canada. I had stayed at both and quite liked them, especially the Res. Inn in Canmore.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Delta Silver, dabbling in USAirways
Well that's a shame. I really liked the Calgary RI. I stayed there a couple times and had very nice experiences.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 5:06 pm

Programs: 1K, Marriott PP
I had a reward stayed booked for late July- Marriott reservations called me today and advised me I had been switched over to the downtown Marriott.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 10:21 am

Programs: WN CP; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mazey
Well that's a shame. I really liked the Calgary RI. I stayed there a couple times and had very nice experiences.
Me too, this was always my hotel of choice in Calgary - I really liked the location. Looks like I'll be going to the Downtown Marriott from now on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.