Renaissance Targeted Offer

Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Renaissance Targeted Offer

I got what looks like to be a decent targeted offer in the mail from Renaissance .. stay once at any Renaissance in the next four months get a $50 Savvy Savings coupon, stay twice get $100. It says I don't have to register but it is targeted, and there are no details about rate restrictions or anything like that. Anyone else get this offer? If so, is Marriott supposed to mail me the certificate since obviously the hotel would not know about it as my reservation would be a 'regular' reservation?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:51 am

Oooops!

Last edited by Allitali; Apr 26, 2007 at 10:52 am Reason: delete post
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:51 am

I got the offer too....

I have been lurking on here for the past week and this is my first post.

I got the Renaissance offer as well and stumbled across your post when I was looking for more info on it. Hope someone can offer some insight.

I think maybe we were targeted b/c we just started staying at a Renaissance in London (two times last month) Prior to that, we had never stayed at one.

Allison
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Targeting is an inexact science. I don't normally stay at Renaissance hotels --sometimes I stay at the one in Vegas when I get a B1G1 coupon for the weekend. Last time was nearly a year ago. So who knows what the criteria was
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:19 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
I have contacted Marriott Rewards Corporate who refuse to provide any information about any targeted awards.

I ahve stayed at a renaissance 5 times in St Louis over 3.5 weeks and neevr get any targetd offers.

Marriott refuses to disclose which hotels if you stay will result in targted offers.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, AA EXP, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by euromannn

Marriott refuses to disclose which hotels if you stay will result in targted offers.
Seems like that would be their prerogative and a good business practice if you ask me.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:36 am

I got the mailer too, only had one stay at a Renaissance in my life, but it was just 4 months ago.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:40 am

Welcome to FT.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:45 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Wow, after speaking to the Platinum reservations, who transferred me to Customer Care, who then transferred me to incentive reservations I finally got the skinny on this marketing fluff which is very misleading.

1. No code needed as there is with BB or PP reservations. Also no registration required. Tracking of your Renaissance Hotels & Resorts stay(s) is automatic. It may or may not be targeted, that I did not inquire about. From the responses here so far, I am thinking it was probably not targeted, but that is just a guess. If it is targeted, then it is probably targeted at those who have not stayed at continental US and Canada Renaissance Hotels & Resorts during the May through June timeframe in previuos years - again a guess.

2. Very important and not mentioned in the printed offer: This offer is only applicable to stays at Renaissance Hotels & Resorts in the CONTINENTAL US and Canada.

3. The way I read the offer is that after 1 stay you get a $50 Savvy Savings coupon, and after a second stay you get a $100 Savvy Savings Coupon. WRONG! If during the promotional period of May 1, 2007 to August 1, 2007 you stay at 2 or more Renaissance Hotels & Resorts in the Continental US and Canada then within 4-6 weeks after your second stay you will be mailed a $100 Savvy Savings Coupon. If during the promotional period of May 1, 2007 to August 1, 2007 you stay only 1 time at Renaissance Hotels & Resorts in the Continental US and Canada then within 4-6 weeks after the end of the promotion you will be mailed a $50 Savvy Savings Coupon. You only receive a $50 or $100 Savvy Savings Coupon, not both. The key words spoken by the Incentive Reservations Representative was that the maximum amount one can earn during this promotion is $100 Savvy Savings Coupon.

Take note of the fine print down at the bottom of the printed materials that the Savvy Savings Coupons are only valid at Renaissance Hotels & Resorts in the United States and Canada. I wonder if that actually means Continental US and Canada; unfortunately I forgot to ask.

If you have additional questions on this offer you can call the Incentive Reservation number at 800-736-0434.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Apr 26, 2007 at 11:59 am
Old Apr 26, 2007, 8:06 pm

Thanks for the informative summary. I have some existing reservations at Renaissance hotels that I was hoping to have linked up with the Savvy Savings promo (which I also received in the mail, expensive pamphlet to produce btw). Reservations had no idea what it was and transferred me to Renaissance guest relations.

Guest relations also had no idea what it was. I was getting ready to give up and said we could call it a deal if he gave me some bonus points. The rep wound up awarding me 10K bonus points because he couldn't figure out the promo.

I think based on the previous post, I'm just going to hang tight until I get this savvy savings thing in the mail. I don't even want to guess at the restrictions on the coupon itself if/when it ever comes, but at least I got some bonus points out of it.

Ord747Cle
Old May 2, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: CO plat, WN comp pass, Hilton dia, Marriott silv, Starwood gold
A colleague showed me the brochure about these Savvy Savings coupons. Both of us were staying at a Renaissance. I called Marriott Rewards cust service, Marriott cust service, the hotel front desk, hotel reservations, and Renaissance reservations, and finally was told that:
1) this was a targeted promotion, and
2) I was not eligible.

Thank you very much, Marriott.
Old May 21, 2007, 11:28 pm
Original Member

These certs have started shipping...valid for 8 months.
Old May 24, 2007, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
Have my 2nd stay Monday!
Old May 24, 2007, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Boy
A colleague showed me the brochure about these Savvy Savings coupons. Both of us were staying at a Renaissance. I called Marriott Rewards cust service, Marriott cust service, the hotel front desk, hotel reservations, and Renaissance reservations, and finally was told that:
2) I was not eligible.

Thus is life. Get over it.
Old May 25, 2007, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Boy
2) I was not eligible.

Relax. A Savvy Savings cert is basically a more-restricted version of a BB, and a little birdie once told me that BB's aren't that hard to get for about thirty bucks. This is much ado about nada.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.