Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

These Samsonite spinner bags that Marriott is giving away....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

These Samsonite spinner bags that Marriott is giving away....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:22 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I just finally received three black bags that I was to have over six weeks ago... and they still sent the wrong combination of sizes.

This promotion is getting so frustrating... the luggage is nice... but a pain having to follow up so much.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I hear ya wharvey... I finally got my 28-inch red bag from a GC I ordered in February. I called Marriott about 6 weeks ago (and posted about it above). They said "Wait a couple weeks, then email Samsonite." They gave me a lady's name - said I'd get personal attention.

So I waited patiently - didn't really need the bag yet anyway - finally emailed her about 3 weeks ago. Never did get any response.

So last week, I called Marriott again. The rep I spoke to there was helpful: said he would follow-up with Samsonite personally and then call me back with a status on Monday. He never did call back, but the suitcase did arrive on Tuesday.

So I'm finally all square with this promotion. I like the promo - thought it was creative and a bit different than the usual 10% off or bonus points - but somehow I doubt Marriott will do it again. It sounds like it was a vendor management mess, although to Marriott's credit I do believe they were doing everything they could to support their customers.
Old May 15, 2007, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Is anyone out there still waiting for suitcases obtained through this promotion? I ordered a total of 4 20" and 1 28" from January through March. I've received 3 20" and 1 28" but am still waiting for the last 20". I have tried calling the number that Marriott provided in the original e-mails, but no one ever answers - instead, I get a voice mail recording saying that the mailbox is full, and no messages can be accepted. Anyone in the same boat?
Old May 15, 2007, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by jkm024
Is anyone out there still waiting for suitcases obtained through this promotion? I ordered a total of 4 20" and 1 28" from January through March. I've received 3 20" and 1 28" but am still waiting for the last 20". I have tried calling the number that Marriott provided in the original e-mails, but no one ever answers - instead, I get a voice mail recording saying that the mailbox is full, and no messages can be accepted. Anyone in the same boat?
Try this contact: [email protected] and 303-373-6503

She was very helpful with getting me the black one even though online showed that it was sold out. Good luck!

(Not sure if I'm not supposed to post contact info, sorry in advance)
Old May 15, 2007, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by subdawg
Thanks! I will give that a shot.
Old May 16, 2007, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by subdawg

She was very helpful with getting me the black one even though online showed that it was sold out. Good luck!

(Not sure if I'm not supposed to post contact info, sorry in advance)
...it was included with my gift cards, so I don't see why not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.