Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Gold and Lifetime Platinum Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE

This has probably already been posted somewhere, so I apologize in advance...

Anyway, I spoke to someone at Platinum Premier Desk (who transferred me to a Marriott Rewards Expert) today.

Here are the requirements for Lifetime Gold and Lifetime PLatinum:

Gold: 2,000,000 points and 800 nights

Platinum: 3,000,000 points and 1,000 nights

Good News - I hit Lifetime Gold officially last Tuesday with 800 nights. Was told I have 200 nights and about 500,000 point left to go....

Thye rep. was extremely nice, and said there are very, very few Lifetime PLTs out there.....Also stated there is no leeway at all on these levels - must meet the requirements.

Good Luck all....
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:59 am

Programs: Former DL Plat - 1 MM, CO Infinite Plat, MRT PLT
Yep, it's been discussed, probably not recently. There is a Silver level also, I believe, and you have to have reached your lifetime level at least once "naturally" in the past.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by dhilpert
Yep, it's been discussed, probably not recently. There is a Silver level also, I believe, and you have to have reached your lifetime level at least once "naturally" in the past.
It really is quite the requirement re: PLT Lifetime. Even Gold took me years and years....

I wonder if transfers in from other sources count? (i.e. airline program miles converted to Marriott points)??
Old Nov 13, 2006, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Do they let you know when you hit it or do you have to call and ask?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 2:45 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
There is also a 12 year membership rule as well. So even just hitting number of nights and points won't get it alone.

Next year will be my 12 years in the program, so I haven't received LT status yet. I have enough for Gold and almost enough nights and points for Plat, but that might take another year or two. But I do seem to remember FT members in previous threads on this topic mentioning that they received a letter from Marriott upon reaching LT level.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Yes it has and normally I would scream DO A SEARCH, but in this case it is just a simple thanks. Every time this threads pops up I always say I'm going to call and never do. Did today and was pleasantly surprised. I will hit gold early next year and PLT in about 2 years. I was way over on points (thanks to all on FT). Before the call, I assumed I was years away, but I guess the last couple of years at 125 nights a year plus really do add up.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Yes it has and normally I would scream DO A SEARCH, but in this case it is just a simple thanks. Every time this threads pops up I always say I'm going to call and never do. Did today and was pleasantly surprised. I will hit gold early next year and PLT in about 2 years. I was way over on points (thanks to all on FT). Before the call, I assumed I was years away, but I guess the last couple of years at 125 nights a year plus really do add up.
Well, thanks a lot...
Old Nov 13, 2006, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Well, thanks a lot...
Not sure the attempt at humor came through..... Didn't mean it any other way. Seriously, Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Originally Posted by hhoope01
There is also a 12 year membership rule as well. So even just hitting number of nights and points won't get it alone.
I was just thinking about this today, do you have to be an ACTIVE member of Marriott Rewards? If you qualify for lifetime Gold after 8 years, and then don't stay for 4 years, will you still get the lifetime status?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
That is an awfully lot of nights to spend in hotel rooms during a lifetime!
If I look back on the 2 1/2 years I have been serious about this stuff-well the insides of certain hotel chains are already starting to get a little too familiar.
I would love to hear from some of our esteemed long timers about the changes they have seen-I think I will start a new thread in Travelbuzz.

Thread started-please contribute
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=624512

Last edited by bigguyinpasadena; Nov 13, 2006 at 5:35 pm
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by GregWTravels
I was just thinking about this today, do you have to be an ACTIVE member of Marriott Rewards? If you qualify for lifetime Gold after 8 years, and then don't stay for 4 years, will you still get the lifetime status?
My guess would be as long as your rewards number is still considered "active" and you meet all the other requirements, you will receive lifetime status. I would say that "active" in this sense means Marriott hasn't closed your account due to inactivity. And while I don't remember the exact number, I'm sure that if there is no account activity for a couple of years, Marriott has reserved the right to close that account. Note that while they have allowed themselves that right, that doesn't mean they always exersize that right. My wife hadn't used her account for about 5 years when we remembered she actually had one. Marriott had not closed the account and we were able to utilize the points she still had.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Not sure the attempt at humor came through..... Didn't mean it any other way. Seriously, Thanks
You are more than welcome..

Old Nov 14, 2006, 7:48 pm

Location: Work/Melbourne Victoria - Home/McKinney, TX (Dallas)
Programs: AA 7.8 MM EXP, QF P1, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium(Life), Hilton DIA, IHG RA, HZ PLAT
Talking Hmmm...

Just a thought - there's only "1" Lifetime Platinum level - correct?

I've been LPLT (as I was told it's referred to in-house) since 1995 (or thereabouts).

I'd spent close to 18+ months in one of the London area Marriott’s, and the GM showed me a form she filled out, where one could nominate a member for either, Silver, Black (pre Gold?), or Platinum lifetime status.

I was nicely bestowed with LPLT status, and received a card (that I still have after these 11+ years) that says "LIFETIME" in the lower right hand corner.

My Premier card (just past 218 nights this year -- whoo hoo!), merely states the 02/07 expiration date...

Wait - there was a question here... :-)

So - is there only "1" type of Lifetime level? I've not checked with customer service, as I'm almost certain I've passed the 3M point mark, and certainly am past the 12 year requirement too.

Just a query... and a little bit too much Courtyard Vino this evening here in Philly!
Old Nov 14, 2006, 7:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum 1MM, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz President's Circle
How come???

Anyway, I spoke to someone at Platinum Premier Desk (who transferred me to a Marriott Rewards Expert) today.

Here are the requirements for Lifetime Gold and Lifetime PLatinum:

Gold: 2,000,000 points and 800 nights

Platinum: 3,000,000 points and 1,000 nights

Good News - I hit Lifetime Gold officially last Tuesday with 800 nights. Was told I have 200 nights and about 500,000 point left to go....

Thye rep. was extremely nice, and said there are very, very few Lifetime PLTs out there.....Also stated there is no leeway at all on these levels - must meet the requirements.

Good Luck all....
How come the Marriott doesn't post this information on your account like American Airlines has the lifetime miles number on your account? We shouldn't have to call in to find out if we've hit the numbers, or not.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by ExecPlatinum_Lord
So - is there only "1" type of Lifetime level? I've not checked with customer service, as I'm almost certain I've passed the 3M point mark, and certainly am past the 12 year requirement too.
My guess would be that there is only one "Lifetime Plat" level, but there may be more than one way to get that level. As you mentioned, you may have recevied it through a nomination. I think I remember reading here that there are some who were members since the beginning of the Marriott program and they received Lifetime status as well. I suspect that as far as Marriott is concerned, no matter how one received the Lifetime status, they are all treated the same.

Originally Posted by schutzdl
How come the Marriott doesn't post this information on your account like American Airlines has the lifetime miles number on your account? We shouldn't have to call in to find out if we've hit the numbers, or not.
I seem to remember some of the past discussions on this where even the CSR was having troubles figuring out how to calculate the "real" numbers. It may be that with Marriott's current system, making the change to show that information may not be a trivial matter. If that is the case, it may not be worth the effort from their point of view. Plus, they don't seem to really be "advertising" this benefit, and as such, they may not want to "show" that number.

But these are just some guesses on my part. Maybe one of those "in the know" might chime in an give a more definitive answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.