Wiki Posts
Search

Points for 2 rooms?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2006, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK
Points for 2 rooms?

Im planning to take the family for a trip to Copenhagen before christmass and i found a nice Tivoli package rate of DKK1395,- pr night including tivolytickets and breakfast for doubleroom. If i order 2 rooms for my family at the same time from the marriott homepage will i get points for both rooms?

Im a newbie at this and if i get points for both rooms i will get my first silvercard
Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:17 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Welcome to FT in general and the Marriott forum specifically.

To answer your question, yes, you will receive points for both rooms. You can receive points for upto 3 rooms concurrently at the same hotel.

With that said, realize there is a difference between receiving points for both rooms and receiving night credit. So while you will recieve points for what you spend on both rooms, you will not receive night credit for both rooms. In this case, staying in 2 rooms will not help you get to Silver status quicker.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 3:37 pm

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond
Marriott in Copanhagen is very nice with good service. Rooms are a little small though. Beautiful little side trip to Sweden is a cheep train ride away. We were amazed at all the moose we saw.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by hhoope01
So while you will recieve points for what you spend on both rooms, you will not receive night credit for both rooms. In this case, staying in 2 rooms will not help you get to Silver status quicker.
Hello Hhoope01,

I beg to differ on the number of nights you can earn for a mulitple-room stay.

I made some reservations for 3 rooms for colleagues (for a 2-day stay per room) 3 weeks ago. Not only did I receive points for up to 3 rooms, but I received 6 nights as well (3 rooms x 2 night stay per room, which by the way represents nights credited toward the Megabonus promotion). This has happened on more than one occasion.

In this scenario, one could earn the 10 night requirement for Silver Elite quickly.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
In all of 2006 we have only received credit for one room per stay. Points are received for all rooms however. In the past we always received night credit for each room. This was an unhappy change-since you can't (and we don't want to) put 5 in most rooms, we have to take 2 when vacationing. In this situation it seems fair to give both nights credit, but hasn't happened this year once, business or personal. Maybe the individual hotel can decide to allow the "double" credits??
Old Oct 22, 2006, 5:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Usually, when I book other rooms, I reserve them under my name and then I go back later and individually have the representative add the other party's name as Guest #2

or

Book up to 3 rooms with the name of the other party for each room. Once the stay is over, I get copies of the folios and send them (fax them) in to Marriott Rewards along with a copy of the original reservation showing that I booked these extra rooms. Within 2-3 days, the nights would show up (as well as the points if they were missing).
Old Oct 22, 2006, 8:09 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Note that my earlier answer was based on what Marriott's official policy is, which states that a person should only receive night credit for one room.

Also, note that while that may be the "official" policy YMMV as to the actual number of night credits one will get. But in general, I still stand behind the one night credit answer. (That way if one gets more it is a bonus, not an expectation.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.