Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
What are the current offers?
Is there a business version of this card?
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See concurrent discussion in the wikis at
Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016) and
Chase Free Night Certificate
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2006, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Oh well... I'm sure we'll enjoy the free night in a cat 4 all the same.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 7:45 pm

Question can spouses combine points?

Hi - We already have elite status with marriot visa card and use it alot. Would love to take advantage of this. My husband is main card holder of our present card. If I apply to take advantage of the bonus - do they allow us to combine the points from our two cards to use for rewards?

If not and we just go to the new card in my husband's name - do all the existing points rollover to the new account. Sorry if these questions are dumb but we're fairly new at this!

Thanks, sue
Old Mar 6, 2006, 4:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by Chewie
I must say they're REALLY quick on this one. I applied on-line on Friday and I got the email from Marriott this morning stating that I had received a free 1 night VISA promotion coupon. I guess they work weekends ^

If you read the fine print for the "premier" card it states the free night is good for a 1 - 4 cat hotel, while the certificate itself is for a 1 - 5 cat hotel.

And I am also an existing MR VISA "Signature" cardholder, so I've received one bonus so far, I'll let you know what else comes my way for this new card
I signed up on line on Thursday and got the e-mail notice yesterday. I currently have the Marriott Rewards Visa and must say was surprise when I got the free night - lets hope the others will come. The free nights upon renewal easily offset the annual fee. ^
Old Mar 6, 2006, 5:51 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Recreation
One question before I cancel the "old" card. Will the new card offer automatic silver status like the old card did? It's a nice feature for people like me who don't travel enough to get silver the "regular" way.
Actually this new card is slightly better than silver because silver takes ten nights per year, with the new card they are giving you a 15 night a year credit towards status.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:32 pm

Credit Card Free Night Cert

I am new to the FF world. This is my first post and I am seeking advice on how to use the free night cert.

I have reservation for a 4-night paid stay at Fairfield Williamsburg (cat 4) this summer. Now that I have applied for the CC, I will be getting a free night cert. good for cat 1-4. I want to use it for one of the nights. Do I have to call and change it to 3-night paid and 1-night award or how exactly do I do it? My reservation is for a large suite room, my understanding is the cert is good for standard room only, so can I use 5000 points from the first purchase bonus of 15000 to upgrade?

Also, if my husband open a separate CC and get another free night cert, can I use his for this stay to make it 2-paid & 2-free nights? He will be with me on the trip. Thanks in advance for the help as I have never redeemed for hotel stays.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 7:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have bad news. Mine says the same as yours, so I attempted to use it as such. The reservationist doesn't see what we do, rather having a code 34A - and that caps the hotels it pulls up at a category 4.
deleted
Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Good news! I just looked at my Marriott account, and it shows my certificate is

Visa free night category 1-5 hotels

I went and looked after seeing aaupgrade's post. So we are getting the better cert from the beginning.
After I originally applied for the new card, I found a Category 1-5 free night certificate in my online account. I then went and booked a Category 5 hotel (Marriott Niagara Fallsview). I now see that my certificate is only good for Category 1-4. Something changed.

I called Marriott, and they said that it has "always" been 1-4, and if I saw something otherwise, then it was some sort of "mistake." She also said that I would receive a paper certificate in the next few days in the mail, and that would clearly say 1-4.

On a tangent, she said that my 15 bonus qualifying nights is not listed yet because Marriott are still implementing that on the web site.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I don't know the answer to your questions, but a lot of Marriott forum posters will be along to help shortly I'm sure.

I'm just replying to say Welcome to FT!

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 4:52 pm

Misleading Benefit

Just received new card. Be forewarned about a significant difference between solicitation and official terms.

The web page touting the card states:

Receive 15 nights toward your next Elite membership level in Marriott Rewards every year, enjoy Silver Elite status or better

However the "owner's manual" brochure accompanying the card states:

The 15 nights Elite status credit is a one-time benefit which applies during a member's first year as a Cardmember only.

(According to the terms, silver status will continue beyond the first year but the 15 nights will not recur.)
Old Mar 9, 2006, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by heralder
Just received new card. Be forewarned about a significant difference between solicitation and official terms.
When did you apply? Were you an existing Marriott Visa card holder?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:52 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
Most FT's would book the paid suite for the first 3 nights and use the cert for the 4th night. Very few properties would move you on that last night, and all you'll need in most cases is to smile to the front desk staff...
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:58 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
I agree that I was misled by the 15 day credit to the next level as well. My Owner's Manual states the same thing. I guess by "next" they mean the next year. I won't need the days this year, but had I known that, I might have deferred an application to a time when I DID need it.

Still the 5 points vs 3 points for Marriott stays and the 1-4 coupon for the extra annual fee of $35 still makes it worth while for me. My Starwood AMEX is still a better deal for non-Marriott charges.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 8:01 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
That is not cool that we do not receive the 15 nights every year. Has anyone called them on this because the website states differently? I have not received my card yet but will call when I do.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Michigan Czar
That is not cool that we do not receive the 15 nights every year. Has anyone called them on this because the website states differently? I have not received my card yet but will call when I do.
Really glad I held off from applying. This makes a major change in the value of the card. Hope you all can get it fixed.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by crazygrow
Really glad I held off from applying. This makes a major change in the value of the card. Hope you all can get it fixed.
Actually, you might want to apply for it now. That way, if they decide to award the current applicants the old terms and change the new terms for the worse, you won't get screwed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.