Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus bucks questions and issues [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus bucks questions and issues [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2008, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by jan_az
I only use these on personal travel. Not to get into a big ethical discussion here - but are you comfortable billing your employer for $200 more than you actually paid.
No, I would not be comfortable billing my employer for more than the cost. But I'm trying to account for the BB cost, the pre-BB cost, and post-BB cost.

Having now checked in with the BBs, they won't produce a bill without them at the end of the week, as indicated by damon2. Rats!
Old Mar 11, 2008, 8:40 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by boberonicus
No, I would not be comfortable billing my employer for more than the cost. But I'm trying to account for the BB cost, the pre-BB cost, and post-BB cost.

Having now checked in with the BBs, they won't produce a bill without them at the end of the week, as indicated by damon2. Rats!

Well the bill will show the application of the bonus bucks. I guess you can show them the bill that came with the bonus bucks to get reinbursed for those.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:22 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jan_az
I only use these on personal travel. Not to get into a big ethical discussion here - but are you comfortable billing your employer for $200 more than you actually paid.
So why don't you book your hotel stays using your points? I mean, are you comfortable billing your employer the room, when you actually could have stayed for free?
Old Mar 11, 2008, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by heffa
So why don't you book your hotel stays using your points? I mean, are you comfortable billing your employer the room, when you actually could have stayed for free?
I think this is taking it to another level. I wouldn't expect someone to use their points for a stay but asking if you are comfortable billing your customer/employeer for more then you paid is a valid question.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:03 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
After checking some hotel availabilities with the M11 rate, I found that the BBs are more limited than before, particularly when I'm inquiring in the Arlington, VA area. One search indicated that you'll receive a $50 BB when your reservation includes a Sunday night stay.

Is this something that's changing for BBs from here on?

Please advise.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Why would you hunt for a rate that includes a BB when you can buy them for $20 or less?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 6:28 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Originally Posted by holtju2
Why would you hunt for a rate that includes a BB when you can buy them for $20 or less?
where can you buy them now for $20 or less?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:18 pm

Sometimes I book through the 1-800 number (or one of the other numbers listed on the certificate if I'm outside the US), but if I'm somewhere where I can't get a toll-free call, I've booked a reservation on-line or through the property itself and called later to confirm that the rate is OK for Bonus Bucks.

You might give this a try. What has happened with me is that the CSR at the phone number will enter something into the reservation noting that I will be using Bonus Bucks (or Premium Pounds or Extra Euros) so that the property knows it has been OK'd when I check in and tender the certificates.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 1:37 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
For about a month you could buy them on Geico's website; which was useful - but they are no longer available ...so am not certain where holtju2 is getting them now. (ebay perhaps, which technically is a violation of the T&C's for BB's.

However, free is better than $20; so I still check to see if hotels in the area are offering a rate that includes one.

If you found a $50 BB, I would think you are referring to a FI - and these may be "leftovers" from the last BB promotion run.....'cause there aren't very many hotels out there with them now. My advice - stay there, and grab up the free $50.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Plat, HH Gold
No longer available?!

I used one of these successfully a couple weeks back. I went back to Geico to purchase a few more, but they apparently no longer offer the Marriott Bonus Bucks on the site. Anyone else been able to find them recently?
Old Mar 20, 2008, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelingJoel
I used one of these successfully a couple weeks back. I went back to Geico to purchase a few more, but they apparently no longer offer the Marriott Bonus Bucks on the site. Anyone else been able to find them recently?
Nope. They sold out a while ago.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
If we are lucky, they will get some more and put offer them on their website again, but I would not hold my breath. One can hope though, right?
Old Mar 20, 2008, 8:26 pm
Suspended

expiring Bonus Bucks

I have Marriott Bonus Bucks that are about to expire. Does anyone have any experience with getting the expiration date extended?
Old Mar 20, 2008, 8:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Probably won't happen. You're better off trying to trade them on Coupon Connection for ones that expire later.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 2:14 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
if you read the thread Geico/Bonus Bucks there are a couple people looking for them -

otherwise, I agree with previous post - there is little chance of getting them extended.

I am in the same boat - but I found a weekend rate where both nights are less than $150 - am going to hand it over to my sis and she can take the kids and just let them enjoy the pool, have a free breakfast, etc - for about the same price as a breakfast at IHOP!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.