Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2008, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
I understand it was converted to a Wood from something. But have no recollection of it ever being a Marriott.
Yes, it was a Marriott some time ago. I have an old Paris map that lists it.

Bobette
Old Jul 10, 2008, 11:01 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
Here's the hotel page for Wagram on the Marriott website. Opening April 2009
Old Jul 10, 2008, 12:09 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Thanks for the responses in re former Marriott status for the Prince de Galles. I found this reference to it: http://www.ameinfo.com/132191.html
Anybody know when it deflagged from Marriott?
Old Jul 10, 2008, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TribeFlyer
Here's the hotel page for Wagram on the Marriott website. Opening April 2009

Thanks for the information. Here's hoping it is a Category 6, but I doubt it.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
I was told about this in January by a concierge at the *wood Prince de Galles (formerly Marriott). Looks like a smaller hotel, but I doubt if it will really be open by year end (based on the lack of info available).

BTW - Are you going to St. Malo next September? We love our Reims bags! ^

We'll be back - I have to think of something new for St. Malo
Old Jul 10, 2008, 10:20 pm

Vendome was so convenient and well located, block and a half from the metro. We were on points and still given a one level room upgrade. Although the bedroom was still not huge it was very nicely done and quiet. Good bathroom with seperate shower from tub. I like that. Great made to order and buffet breakfast combo included each morning for plats. Really liked the hotel and very much enjoyed the stay.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 1:44 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Vendome was perfect for us. Sort of a French version of an American boutique hotel. Great location. The rooms are not large, but are very stylish and comfortable.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Breakfast was also comped for Golds (and I assume Plats) on weekdays and weekends, as well, since there is no lounge.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wound up booking the Vendome.

Considering booking the Trocadero, too, and making a final decision later, but if not, I'm sure we'll be happy at the Vendome.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:38 am

Upgrade here? Free or Pay?

I was able to book a standard reward for this hotel at the end of August 2008
I am just short of Gold Membership.
Any chance of me getting a free upgrade or will I most likely have to use points or pay cash?
Thanks
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:13 am

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by Mars4593
Any chance of me getting a free upgrade or will I most likely have to use points or pay cash?
Thanks

Stayed here in June on my Honeymoon as Gold, standard award. Upgrade was a room on their top floor but room was pretty small (standard for Paris). As Gold I did get free breakfast with the choice of eating in the dinning room or taking room service. Took room service and it was good.

I did not inquire as to if and how much a suite upgrade would be. I was only staying one night and moving on to the IC next to the Opera House.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Mars4593
Thanks
Why don't you wait until you get there to see the room you're assigned? If you don't like it they will switch you and if you don't like that room ask to pay for an upgrade. Since there's no Concierge Lounge the only thing you'd be upgrading is the room level which would probably be a room overlooking the CE or a suite.

I could be wrong but if you were able to use your reward points at this late date I'll bet the hotel is not full. With the dollar being weak now I have a feeling Americans aren't vacationing in Europe as much as in the past.

I did get an upgrade there once and I'm only a lowly Silver.

How many nights will you be staying? Have a wonderful time and welcome to FT.

Bobette
Old Jul 13, 2008, 3:09 pm

Thanks Barb abd Bobette

Will be only 2 nights then I meet up with friends and stay for a week in Marais.
Now if I could work some magic with ba on an upgrade I will be very happy.
thanks again and I look forward to chats.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Originally Posted by b1513
You have to go pretty far out (like a year) to get either the Renaissance or the CE on a Standard award. Sometimes there are last minute cancellations and sometimes you just get lucky. I am using Standard award for the Rive Gauche in Sept. It's a bit out of the center of Paris but a nice location nonetheless. I love the CE Marriott.

Bobette
Well.. Just out of curosity I checked today for the end of July in Pairs.

CE had a standard award avaialble. I was truly shocked! I think it was one of those where you had to pay a small amount too, but still... that was for the weekend the Tour ends. Wouldn't that be a cool place to stay then? (And generally it's not my favorite part of Paris)

Vendome was also open for standard!

However, I am trying to go over the first weekend in August so I booked the Rive Guache. I have stayed there at least twice before so I know it works for me. (Courtyard was also open for less points, but...)
Old Jul 13, 2008, 4:04 pm

I was surprised when I got in for a standard reward as well.
But from what I am hearing on this board I better keep it because it sounds rare.
I didnt have to pay anything for this booking, just used points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.