Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Concierge Lounges "Ordinarily" Open On Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concierge Lounges "Ordinarily" Open On Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:16 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
Costa Mesa, California, Marriott Suites...No lounge, coupons offered

Marriott, Biscayne Bay, Miami, Florida...Open

JW Marriott, Rio De Janiero, Brazil...Open

JW Marriott Shanghai, China @ Tomorrow Square...Open

Mike
Old Apr 10, 2007, 4:41 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Guess I should mention this here as well as my trip-report thread:

China.........Wuhan....Renaissance................ ...OPEN(6am-midnight)
Old Apr 12, 2007, 6:57 am

The Orlando Marriott Downtown Concierge Lounge is open on Friday nights and all day Saturday. Closed on Sunday mornings
Old Apr 23, 2007, 3:05 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Platinum, Marriott Time Share,DL, AA,US,UA,B6,SW
Exclamation Fyi - Lounge Closed!

I, too, have planned many stays around choosing the hotel with the open concierge lounge.

Last month, I stayed at the J.W.Marriott in Washington, D.C. I made the reservation there precisely because of their weekend lounge hours. OOPS! It's no longer open on weekends. Not only that, the manager at the front desk informed me that there are no more hotels in the chain with weekend hours. NONE, NADA, ZIP! (She did say she didn't know if this was worldwide or only domestic.)
Old Apr 23, 2007, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I just love when local managers make sweeping statements about what all the thousands of other Marriott-family hotels are doing. They are always wrong!

Bruce
Old May 5, 2007, 2:22 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Since the last update to the OP lists its last update on Oct. 2, 2005, I went back to posts from that date onward and have updated the list. (I'm sitting here in Wuhan with some free time on my hands. ) Hopefully, jonathansullivan can take this version and cut/paste it into the OP and we can have a completely updated version to work from.

A suggestion to make it easier for Jonathan to update. When providing new updated information on a hotel, put it into the following format:

St/Country....City Name....Hotel Name....................OPEN/CLOSED, OTHER INFORMATION

This way all Jonathan will need to do is cut/paste the info into the list.

[Edited to add]
Johnathan added the info to the OP. So in an effort to make this thread easier to read, I have cut the list from this post.

Last edited by hhoope01; May 6, 2007 at 10:09 pm
Old May 5, 2007, 7:19 pm

Re: Hazmike's post
Costa Mesa Marriott Suites - No lounge, coupon applies WEEKDAYS only
Thursday-Sunday stay, received card for Friday breakfast that specifically says Mon-Fri. only and told does not apply for weekends.

Re: Sprite's post
Not only does Denver Gateway Airport Marriott now have seven day lounge access, they're also staffing with an omelet/waffle chef.

Also:
Colorado... Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows... Closed
Old May 6, 2007, 9:47 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Thank you SOOOO much hhoope01 (Chip) for doing the leg work. The most up to date version is back on Post 1.
Old May 31, 2007, 10:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
The FS Marriott at the Cincinnati airport (CVG) in Hebron, KY closes their concierge lounge on weekends but offers full breakfast buffet coupons on Saturday and Sunday for PM’s plus their guest.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA2mm,HGPdiamond, AAExPlat, MarriottGold
Ontario Airport (CA) Marriott CL is closed on weekends. However, book a Concierge Room (recently @ $119) and get a free appetizer and soft drink at the bar on Fri and Sat night and free breakfast buffet in the restuarant on Sat and Sun mornings. Since Gold and Plat get upgraded, I'm sure this applies to them as well.

Recently I checked in on a Fri and was told the lounge would be open on Fri evening and Sat morning due to heavy business. Nice.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 9:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Should be noted that the Dulles Airport Marriott, in addition to being closed on weekends, will be closed until July 8th "due to the holiday".

Guess they figure since there's one holiday on Wednesday it merits closing it for the whole week.

We were given breakfast coupons without asking, however....
Old Jul 19, 2007, 12:04 pm

Programs: AAA, Marriott, Jetblue, United, American, USAir, Hyatt, Amtrak, Hilton, Delta, Spirit, AirTran
Boston

Boston Long Wharf
Stayed on a saturday and sunday back in March/April and it was open
Old Jul 20, 2007, 12:14 am

N. Carolina...Durham....Marriott Durham Civic Center...OPEN
Old Jul 20, 2007, 12:19 am

N. Carolina...Durham....Marriott Durham Civic Center...OPEN
Old Jul 22, 2007, 5:28 am

Programs: marriott platinum
Thumbs up Marriott Frankfurt

This is the best Lounge I know of in Europe. The Lounge, although only from 6am to midnight is a full service and free wfi. Food is available 7 days a week from 5pm to 8pm and the breakfast is as if you are downstairs in the breakfast room.

As a Platinum card I get the upgrade to the executive floor which gives a free mini bar, although the selection could be better

Does anybody know of an equally as good lounge in Europe!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.