Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott’s Look No Further Best Rate Guarantee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2005, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...

Anyone have experience with this program? I think I found a great deal and want to take advantage of it -- but have bad results in the past (OK it was with Days Inn) and was wondering how well this works for folks...

(the days inn one said that there was a lower rate available if I had CALLED, but it was not on their web site!!!).
Old Mar 10, 2005, 3:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I would read the terms and conditions carefully, so that you aren't disappointed.

I applied for a Best Rate Guarantee a few weeks ago and it was very easy. They processed it in a few hours.

Give it a try.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 9:49 pm

My one and only experience was not good. We reserved the St. Kitts Marriott all inclusive package and found several better prices (AA Vacations, Liberty Travel, AMEX) and they would not honor saying the guarantee didn’t apply since we were reserving a package. However, it was identical to what we reserved directly from Marriott except these packages included transfers and were still much less. In my opinion this program is BS. I am soured on Marriott in general as a result of this and other major issues regarding this vacation.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:52 am

My only experience worked great. I actually had already booked the Kauai Marriott through expedia and later found out about the look no further guarantee. So I called the look no further guarantee line and asked if the price on expedia was an price they would match.

The person with Marriott was really helpful. He went ahead and booked me at the Marriott price and filed the claim for me. Within an hour I received a response that they were matching the expedia price and reducing my price by 25%, so I ended up saving a bunch.

Oh and if you are planning on staying in Kauai at the Marriott around the end of April, you should still be able to use the look no further guarantee for the room. Last I checked expedia was still beating the price. I was able to get the room after the adjustment for $174 a night, as opposed to $249.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 11:49 am

My experience has been great. Especially when booking for stays in Montreal. I always found it cheaper on hotels.ca. I have a night at $58CDN staying Marriott Chateau Champlain this Easter weekend. You can't beat that!

I also am a member of Starwood and their rate gaurantee does not come anywhere near Marriott's.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I also took advantage of this guarantee once with Courtyard Quebec City. I submitted the claim and was processed within one hour.

Be sure to read the entire FAQ. It only covers room rate only, not vacaton packages!! Has to be the same type of room and same dates. Also the rate must be publically available.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 1:52 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver, United MileagePlus, Jet Blue TrueBlue
I submitted one claim and was denied. I had found a price for the JW Marriott Cancun on Costco.com for $200 a night including taxes. The same room was on the Marriott.com website for $450 BEFORE taxes. The reason for the denial was that the Costco rate was not a general public rate and requires membership. They did not care that ANYONE could be a member for $35.

I understood where they were coming from but was very disappointed!

Marc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.