Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Residence Inn New Rochelle Trip Report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2004, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium

Residence Inn By Marriott New Rochelle

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

35 Le Count Pl New Rochelle, NY US 10801

Residence Inn New Rochelle Trip Report (0 Photo)

We stayed at the Residence Inn New Rochelle this weekend for a wedding at $159/nt with AAA. The hotel was completely sold out. This appears to be a fairly new property built atop a mega entertainment complex in downtown New Rochelle.

-Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We had reserved a crib which wasn't in the room but appeared within minutes of notifying the front desk. The guy delivering the crib just entered our room without knocking so thank goodness everyone was decent.

-The hotel is next to New Roc City and a post office facility which can lead to noise at some rather late and early hours.

-I'm not sure if it's because the hotel was crowded but this was one of the more disappointing breakfasts for a Residence Inn. It took unbelievably long for anything on the buffet to get replenished and most tables didn't get cleared once people got up. The staff took their sweet old time talking with other guests while others were visibly waiting by the buffet for food to be replenished. It took about 15 minutes for hard bagels to reappear which isn't helpful when that's about all your toddler is interested in eating. The selection was fine, once food was actually brought out. The view from the 10th floor breakfast area is nice.

-I borrowed an ethernet cable from the front desk for which they charged a $10 deposit which never got corrected once I returned the cable. Front desk staff corrected this very quickly once I brought it to their attention. No big whoop.

-My big beef is that our room never got cleaned the day of the wedding. When you travel with a 6 month old and a toddler the garbages fill up pretty quickly. And having a rehearsal dinner as well as the wedding itself, the towels really needed to be changed as well. The front desk staff asked me to complete the feedback survey and promised to have the manager take care of the situation. If I don't hear anything by mid-week I'll call or e-mail to follow-up. I've never had this happen before and it easily ticked us off as we were already quite stressed trying to get everyone ready.

If staying in the area again, I'd probably recommend a different property closer to White Plains or the Hilton in Rye.

Would you like to write a review on the Residence Inn By Marriott New Rochelle?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.