Original Poster

Res Inn Buffalo - Galleria

May on floor

Springs under couch

Springs missing

Bed bowed in

Clearly broken
What do you think?

Booked a queen 1 bedroom suite with points -17,500. Checked in at 12:30 a.m. first room king studio. Went back to desk and then they gave the 1 bedroom suite. Reason we requested was due to mom being with us and to give my wife and I some privacy. We gave her the bedroom. She gets settled in and goes to bed. We try to get set up on the sofa sleeper and the handle to pull it out is broken. Then notice a few springs under the couch on the floor. Try to lay in it and the springs in the middle near feet are gone so it almost folds in the middle. We eventually put the extremely thin, worn out with holes pad on the floor and try to sleep on that.

Reason we we didn’t complain last night again was by that time 1:00 a.m. in the morning. Mom is asleep and didn’t want to make her switch rooms again. Will talk to manager upon checkout. What do you think will happen?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:32 am

Did you book more than 48 hours in advance? I would assume you have status for the room guarantee since you used points... am I correct in my assumption?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Clicked book now once as it says but never went through
Silver status. Booked yesterday evening online. Clicked the book now after my card info was confirmed. It said only click once to avoid double charge so I did. Never got the confirmation email and the timer didn’t change. It it seemed like there were issues with the website so I took a screen shot which is below. When I got to the hotel they said no reservation was on file. So I had to book for today which was after midnight but only room available was the king studio online so she said to book that and then would switch me. So I did as she said and it went through.

Originally Posted by NJKen
Did you book more than 48 hours in advance? I would assume you have status for the room guarantee since you used points... am I correct in my assumption?

Last edited by lovefly88; Sep 9, 2018 at 8:46 am
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Update: Stephanie at the front desk said bonus 5,000 points credited. Didn’t think that was quite enough. But waited until she was done to ask for at least half the points back and she said that she was refunding everything plus 5,000. Nice turnout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.