Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Premium Rooms w/ Points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Booking Premium Rooms w/ Points

One of the big features of the SPG program was the ability to book premium category rooms and suites for a small additional number of points. For example, a Deluxe View room for 1-2K additional points per night, was often offered.

Is this something that is possible under the new program? Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I could find nothing definitive.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Yes but with Marriott IME the variable is cash as opposed to points. Not as good of a deal.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:15 am

We have been able to do this in the past. Call Marriott and ask them- these rooms often do not show up online. For example, we have been able to upgrade at the Kapalua Ritz several times solely on points. Granted, this was a few years ago so YMMV, but it's worth a shot.
callmedtop likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:31 am

Forgot to mention that none of the upgrades were in the 1-2k point range. I think each room upgrade was 10k points. For example, a garden view room was x points, a pool/resort view room was 10k more points (per night), a partial ocean another 10k, etc. If you are wanting a suite or oceanfront, you can spend far more points upgrading than the initial points spent on the room. So it might not be the best use of points, but it sure is nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.