Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Accounts not yet linked - Am I OK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Partly procrastination, partly got too busy this last week: I never LINKED my two accounts. It seems silly, but I'm gonna be able to still convert my SPG points over, right? I have a boatload of starpoints and it puts a pit in my stomach thinking they could possibly vanish.

Edit: Linked, not merged. Sorry.

Last edited by JaytheBarber; Aug 18, 2018 at 4:42 pm
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:41 pm

I don't think anyone has merged accounts yet. At least I've haven't seen communications on how to merge.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Marriott will provide instructions how to merge accounts in the coming days. Points will not be lost.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:49 pm

It’s been months that my two accounts are merged. I just followed the instructions prevailing at that time.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LearningToFly
It’s been months that my two accounts are merged. I just followed the instructions prevailing at that time.
It hasn't been possible to merge SPG and MR accounts yet. You apparently LINKED your accounts, which is very different from MERGING them.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:01 pm

You’re right. I have only linked my accounts.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You apparently LINKED your accounts, which is very different from MERGING them.
Ah, thank you. Explains the message I'd seen today when I was able to login into my MR account asking me about that (mine have been linked since 9/'16).
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

I meant linked accounts. I never linked my two accounts. Sorry for confusion.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
FWIW, I've tried a number of activities throughout the day including merging accounts, a link for which was present earlier, but now the site is Upgrade in Progress. Note I said I "tried" and was able to login to marriott.com and also signed into spg.com with my old spg sign-on, and while it went through 2 or 3 screens it ultimately came back with an error.

Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
The new term is "combine your accounts". Apparently merging programs and merging accounts was too confusing (probably to MR) they are now calling it combine. And from what I read, we will be told, via email, when we can combine our accounts sometime AFTER the new SPG account numbers are assigned and all the data merged with MR data. We will be able to choose which account we want to keep by logging into that account and then specifying the other account(s). There doesn't seem to be any issues with keeping both accounts for now UNLESS you are due a higher status once they are combined. I would be cautious jumping the gun because they may need to roll things back a time or two before it's all ready to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.