Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Mobile App not working for almost 12 months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Mobile App not working for almost 12 months

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Angry Marriott Mobile App not working for almost 12 months

I used to find the Mobile App very useful for checking to see if I had been upgraded, while en route to the hotel, and the check out function worked very well for a speedy exit. But the Upcoming Reservations function of the App stopped working almost 12 months ago and, despite several e-mails to Marriott, it has not worked since. None of my Upcoming Reservations show on the App so, obviously, Mobile Check In is not available. I never really saw the benefit of mobile check-in, until recently. I arrived at the Marriott Tang Plaza in Singapore and was given a room on the Executive floor, which is not really an upgrade, but I guess it ticks their box as an upgrade. When signing the check-in form, I noticed that my room type was listed as a Junior Suite. When I questioned this, I was told that I had been allocated a Junior Suite earlier in the day but, during the course of the day (I arrived at 6:30pm), all the Suites had been sold so the upgrade was no longer available.

Had I been able to view my reservation earlier in the day, while checking in for my flight in Bangkok, I could probably have still secured the Suite. So, the non-functioning App cost me an upgrade........very annoying.

No criticism intended here of the Singapore Marriott as I get fantastic service and upgrades at this excellent hotel....criticism is of the App. I have had at least 4 e-mails over the course of the last year, promising to get it sorted out, asking me to delete and re-load etc., but nothing has worked. God knows what will happen on August 18th!!!!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
I've just looked at the app just now on my iPhone and it works perfectly - I can see my forthcoming reservations. I also used it 2 weekends ago to check in to a hotel I was staying at that night.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:58 am

Just uninstall the app and reinstall, then it should work.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
App has consistently work fine for me. Certainly better than the website.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
This morning the app on my Samsung phone prompted me to check in for my upcoming stay. The suggestion to uninstall and reinstall sounds like a good one.
Dalewood likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
This morning the app on my Samsung phone prompted me to check in for my upcoming stay. The suggestion to uninstall and reinstall sounds like a good one.
Thanks for the suggestions but I have done this twice already. Could it be that I am using an iPhone X?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Works fine on my iPhone X, though I rarely do mobile check-in unless looking for a room before normal check-in time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.