Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Post-Merger Platinum Choice Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List

The post-merger Marriott/SPG platinum choice benefits were just published at "https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...fits-revealed/" - they include:

Once a member earns 50 qualifying nights within a calendar year, they will be eligible to select one of the following Choice Benefits:
  • 5 Elite Night Credits
  • 5 Suite Night Awards
  • Gift Silver Elite Status
  • $100 Gift to UNICEF
  • 40% off “the Marriott/SPG/RCR bed”
Once a member earns 75 qualifying nights within a calendar year, they will be eligible to select one of the following Choice Benefits:
  • 5 Elite Night Credits
  • 5 Suite Night Awards
  • Gift Gold Elite Status
  • $100 Gift to UNICEF
  • 40% off “the Marriott/SPG/RCR bed”
  • 1 Free Night Award
So, if any of you were going to meeting/mattress run to get status, this should help you figure out the value proposition.

Last edited by kerrigjl; Aug 3, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Can we wait until January for elite nights to credit next year?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Can we wait until January for elite nights to credit next year?
Probably not. SPG has had a habit of choosing a cut-off date a few days before the end of the year to select your gift. I'd bet the elite nights would post on or before the 31st and not be considered 2019 activity.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
If we have more than 75 nights already will we get both awards sometime in late Aug?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by paulsalem
If we have more than 75 nights already will we get both awards sometime in late Aug?
i really hope so and it seems most logical to do so but it honestly would not surprise me if they only give the option to SPGers and us lowly marriott users will be told to wait until next year.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I'm confused what 5 elite qualifying nights would achieve once you've hit 75, given that nights no longer roll over? I guess it gets you closer to 100 but then the $200/night revenue requirement becomes $210/night... even harder?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by stvr
I'm confused what 5 elite qualifying nights would achieve once you've hit 75, given that nights no longer roll over? I guess it gets you closer to 100 but then the $200/night revenue requirement becomes $210/night... even harder?
It just depends. I'll be closer to $20k than I will to 100 nights.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Probably not. SPG has had a habit of choosing a cut-off date a few days before the end of the year to select your gift. I'd bet the elite nights would post on or before the 31st and not be considered 2019 activity.
Without the rollover, this part is a bit disheartening. I will end 2018 with 58 nights. Would much prefer the 5 nights to count for 2019 to maintain status as there's no chance of hitting 75 this year.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by RogerD408
This is correct. Many people have chosen EQNs as their gift without realizing they apply to current year, not following year. Some people have even waited until January to make their selection hoping to outsmart the system, but EQNs were applied to the year in which they were earned.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum, National Executive
How will the suite night awards work in terms of timing?

if I’m platinum elite this year and receive 10 SNA, are they only good until 12/31/18?

or could I use them for a trip I’ve already booked for 1/30/2019?

i understand they don’t confirm until 5 days before the reservation?

anyone who could provide more info, much appreciated!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by blackavar
How will the suite night awards work in terms of timing?

if I’m platinum elite this year and receive 10 SNA, are they only good until 12/31/18?

or could I use them for a trip I’ve already booked for 1/30/2019?

i understand they don’t confirm until 5 days before the reservation?

anyone who could provide more info, much appreciated!
The SNAs you earn this year will be valid until Dec 31/19.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by paulsalem
Originally Posted by swintec
i really hope so and it seems most logical to do so but it honestly would not surprise me if they only give the option to SPGers and us lowly marriott users will be told to wait until next year.
Unknown exactly what will happen. The Lurker has posted on the SPG forum that you will need to cross the threshold (at 50 & 75 nights) to get the SNAs after the accounts are merged. There are many corner cases here that I suspect they will change things. Worst case, you'd have a good cause to call and request an override. However, you're not alone and I'm sure others will forge the way, so sit back for now and see how things shake out.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skw1
Without the rollover, this part is a bit disheartening. I will end 2018 with 58 nights. Would much prefer the 5 nights to count for 2019 to maintain status as there's no chance of hitting 75 this year.
The MR marketing types are very aware of this and that's why the rules are as they are. Remember these are the guys that thought allowing you to designate which nights were cash or points qualified as a Cash & Points benefit! I felt like an eskimo talking to a refrigerator salesman.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do we know the T&Cs yet for SNAs in the new combined program? Some people are assuming that they'll work just like the current SPG SNAs, but I haven't seen any written confirmation of this (and I've tried to ask the question in the big merger thread with wiki answers from the Starwood Lurker).
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
The last bullet under the 50 nights choices is 75 Nights. Not sure what this means?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.