Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Lounge Identification

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: spg (Plt) Hilton (gold) Marriott (silver) WN (CP & A-listerP) Delta Silver AA gold
Club Lounge Identification

New to Marriott as I'm a Starwood Plt and will start using Marriott after 18 Aug. <br /><br />Question: I normally book hotels that have a club lounge and want to know how to find out if a Marriott brand hotel has a club lounge. Are they listed on the hotel site? Is there a list of them?<br /><br />Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by goghd
New to Marriott as I'm a Starwood Plt and will start using Marriott after 18 Aug. <br /><br />Question: I normally book hotels that have a club lounge and want to know how to find out if a Marriott brand hotel has a club lounge. Are they listed on the hotel site? Is there a list of them?<br /><br />Thanks
It's easier to do the reverse, The brand standard for all non-resort JW, Renaissance, Marriott, and Autograph is to have a club lounge. A handful don't but the overwhelming majority do. The website will say if they don't. For example, I can't say I've stayed in every one of these properties in Southern California but it is close. I think the JW Santa Monica is the only one without a club.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by goghd
Is there a list of them?
Good accurate lists are two of the stickies at the top of this forum
dayone and ryw like this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Tanic
Good accurate lists are two of the stickies at the top of this forum
Int'l properties: (outside of the US)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28667785-post1.html

US properties:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28667780-post1.html

Cheers.
ryw and nequine like this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Will the legacy SPG properties be merged into these two stickies at some point.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by danola

Will the legacy SPG properties be merged into these two stickies at some point.
No idea. There's a character length restriction, which is why the original sticky thread was split into two, as Marriott has a LOT of properties w/ lounges worldwide. Putting SPG into the stickies might mean a further break. But I believe there's currently a separate thread in the SPG forum for exec lounge updates. There's no reason that thread couldn't be made into a sticky for the SPG properties when the two forums are merged. If someone is staying at a SPG property they would check the SPG lounge sticky.. If staying at a MAR property, check the MAR sticky.

Cheers.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
No idea. There's a character length restriction, which is why the original sticky thread was split into two, as Marriott has a LOT of properties w/ lounges worldwide. Putting SPG into the stickies might mean a further break. But I believe there's currently a separate thread in the SPG forum for exec lounge updates. There's no reason that thread couldn't be made into a sticky for the SPG properties when the two forums are merged. If someone is staying at a SPG property they would check the SPG lounge sticky.. If staying at a MAR property, check the MAR sticky.

Cheers.
On the MR side, not having a lounge is an exception -- except for resorts.
On the SPG side, having a lounge is the exception.

Not sure how to do it mechanically but I'll be more legacy brand agnostic after August 18.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
On the MR side, not having a lounge is an exception -- except for resorts.
On the SPG side, having a lounge is the exception.

Not sure how to do it mechanically but I'll be more legacy brand agnostic after August 18.
If they keep the SPG thread & the 2 MAR stickies, the most you'd have to check would be 2 posts (post #1 in SPG or MAR thread - summary posts) at a time, which would only take a few seconds.

Cheers.
C17PSGR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.