Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can't make MR points reservation for hotels going up in points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Trying to redeem at Courtyard Toronto Mississauga/West, for 10k points (going up to 17.5k after August) for a night in September, it always come back with:

An unexpected error has occurred

This service is temporarily unavailable. But don't worry, we're on it. Please try again later.

Does the points devaluation happens earlier than we thought?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:31 am

keep trying. i think they are making website changes and it is affecting the ability to make reservations. I had a similar problem making a reservation for February 2019 on a hotel increasing in points. Did not have the points in the account yet (but to be fair, there were plenty in my SPG account to transfer). Took several hours, but finally got the reservation booked.

Transferred the points from SPG last week and went to order the E cert yesterday. Had the same problem again. Ended up just calling in, the e cert is now properly attached to the ressie.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Calling worked - I really wish it didn't have to come to this, but oh well.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by khkchan
Does the points devaluation happens earlier than we thought?
No, it didn't.

(I received the same error message for a property going down in points. Occam's Razor).
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:43 am

I can't make any reservations - all searches return:

Our server is being stubborn, please try again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.