Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unlinking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Unlinking

I am currently SPG Platinum. When I linked my SPG/MR accounts a while ago, that status flowed thru to Marriott to the point where when I open my MR account, it shows Platinum status. What I want it to show is Gold status which should flow from my Ritz Carlton CC. I called MR last week requesting the unlinking with my SPG card and was told it would take 24-48 hours. As of today, it still shows Plat status. I called SPG and they told me that from their end, it shows the accounts are unlinked. I called Marriott and they are clueless. Any suggestions as to how I get to my desired place on August 1? SPG Plat, Marriott Gold (or Plat, from the RC Card). I seem to be caught in the middle.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:29 pm

Why would you want to be Gold instead of Platinum?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Damn, Seth beat me to the obvious question... If there's a Gold-only travel hack out there, I'd love to hear it.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
I wonder whether it is to get credit for a Marriott Gold year, toards LT status, which he might not get if the Plat status is associated with a match from SPG Plat. I have wondered about the same with my MR Gold from UA airlines.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Yes. I want to see if the bloggers are right, that those members that are Gold, THRU THE MARRIOTT SYSTEM, on July 31, will become Plat on August 1. My SPG Plat will run out 1/31/19 and due to some health issues, I won't get back to Plat this year (I do a lot of one night stands, so the 25 Stays to Plat that SPG has suites me fine). I should be Gold because I obtained the Ritz Carlton Card this year. I can maintain that with 10,000/yr/ spend for the RC card . I want to test that. When I go to my MR account it says Platinum Elite and I need that to say Gold elite by July 31.

What I need is a way that the MR folks can understand that I want to be Gold through the Ritz Carlton track. Suggestions/phone numbers appreciated.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
With the caveat that we're all guessing right now, I would sincerely hope that any and all Starwood Platinums are reflected as a minimum of Marriott Platinum on August 1st. If you have legit SPG Plat through 1/31, then you should have legit Marriott Plat in the new system through 1/31.

My understanding was that it's the people who matched from SPG Gold to Marriott Gold with 10-ish stays only in the Starwood system who will be left out in the cold during the merger.

If there's something wonky that matching a SPG Plat to Marriott Plat somehow wipes out the system's view of a legit 50 EQN year in the Marriott system, that would be really poor IT on Marriott's part. But we have no real indication that this will happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.