Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

if this were an airline these integration problems would be...?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Can't get through to reservations, platinum line gone, can't login to website....
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by easterntimes
Typical. A few decades ago.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Grounds for termination of someone or multiple people.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:19 am

I just phoned and they don't have an estimate as to when the website will be back up and running. Ahhhh!
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TTT103
I just phoned and they don't have an estimate as to when the website will be back up and running. Ahhhh!
You're very lucky that you were able to get through on the phone.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:29 am

I just logged-on and instead of seeing my account, it was another person's! I quickly logged-off. This is unacceptable and a bit frightening, to say the least.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
So I guess I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for the emails that I sent to customer service two days ago, huh?

Mike
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Oh, this is classic - can't login but the system has called me 3 different names, none of which are mine!

Welcome back, Brandon.
Welcome back, Edwin.
Welcome back, Daniel.

Please correct the following and try again.User ID and/or password is incorrect
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by easterntimes
Can't get through to reservations, platinum line gone, can't login to website....
I haven't had any website issues and got through immediately to reservations when I called. Booked two stays, one on the web and one by phone this week.

I'm not denying there are problems. But they seem to be spotty. When I compare to the UA/CO airline merger, it's not even close. Everyone was affected every day by multiple issues. Customer service was not only difficult to reach, but they would outright refuse to help. Communication was sparse, and the typical communication was an email to members stating that a reduction of benefits or removal of a service was a great new thing for customers. Some of these still occur today (though the CS is much much better), many years later.

So to finish the statement you proposed, if this were an airline merger, I'd be quite pleased in comparison.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by JBord
I haven't had any website issues and got through immediately to reservations when I called. Booked two stays, one on the web and one by phone this week.

I'm not denying there are problems. But they seem to be spotty. When I compare to the UA/CO airline merger, it's not even close. Everyone was affected every day by multiple issues. Customer service was not only difficult to reach, but they would outright refuse to help. Communication was sparse, and the typical communication was an email to members stating that a reduction of benefits or removal of a service was a great new thing for customers. Some of these still occur today (though the CS is much much better), many years later.

So to finish the statement you proposed, if this were an airline merger, I'd be quite pleased in comparison.
I agree with you, not because the ongoing carnage is acceptable, but because Marriott IT's consistent level of incompetence makes the current state seem very much BAU. They perfected website outages and irregular behavior way before the merger.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: UA, HHonors, MarriotRewards
Just got this message on website - luckily I was able to book a couple of rooms just a couple of days ago or I'd be S.O.L.

Unable to Sign In

We love our members, and our members love the idea of Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest coming together to deliver additional benefits, like linking accounts. We promise your new rewards are worth the wait - try again soon! If you have other account or stay-related needs, please call Marriott Rewards customer support at 801-468-4000 in the US and Canada. For international customer support numbers, please visit our directory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.