Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just got an email from MR that, among other things, reminds me that I can "save time with the exclusive Platinum Elite reservation line." There's a link to a webpage that also claims that one of my benefits is a Dedicated Platinum Reservation Line and gives the phone number for this suppposed benefit.

It all seems like a bad joke. MR needs to provide elites with their published benefits. Seriously.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
This is getting silly. I've been trying for several weeks to get some points from a missing stay posted. After initially (3 weeks ago) getting through right away, I have not been able to talk to a human since. I have been on hold for anywhere between 8-35 minutes, over probably 10 different calls, without getting through once. I've tried the online "missing stay" request as well as twitter, and the email "contact us" link. None have returned anything but an automated "we have your message" message.

The biggest challenge with my request is that there is a "rewarding events" component to it, which really is not set up to be handled by any means other than a person. I really hope this gets fixed soon! Considering polluting the CEO's inbox with a polite message about my recent experiences...
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by GBadger
Considering polluting the CEO's inbox with a polite message about my recent experiences...
Do it.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
I'm lifetime platinum and called in on the platinum line and also filed a complaint online over a week ago. Still have not heard back from Marriott. I had a reservation with a late check in at a new Residence Inn near CLT only to discover the room had a defective A/C and I had to find another hotel at my cost in the middle of the night. It cost me quite a bit more since most the hotels were booked. The hotel manager apologized and said they are a new hotel and learning and promised me that they would take better care of me in the future but he made no offer to reimburse me with points or cash for the extra cost that I had to pay for the other hotel and the inconvenience and lack of sleep that their defective room and their mistakes cost me.

Last edited by Uh Clem; Jun 5, 2018 at 1:20 pm
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:33 pm

CLT in June is 90 degrees plus. AC is necessary. Training for a new property is also necessary. You never should have
had to pay for another property. Couldn't they call ahead to a sister property and cover the costs themselves?
Would written correspondence to Marriott headquarters (postal with return receipt) facilitate a refund and some points?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Originally Posted by pilgrim
CLT in June is 90 degrees plus. AC is necessary. Training for a new property is also necessary. You never should have
had to pay for another property. Couldn't they call ahead to a sister property and cover the costs themselves?
Would written correspondence to Marriott headquarters (postal with return receipt) facilitate a refund and some points?
Yes they could have and should have covered the cost but they didn't. I run a small business and I have never asked a customer to pay for my mistake. If the only way to get a response from Marriott is to send a written correspondence with a return receipt than I'd just as soon take my business elsewhere.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by Uh Clem; Jun 5, 2018 at 2:18 pm Reason: made a mistake spelling the word mistake
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Uh Clem
I'm lifetime platinum and called in on the platinum line and also filed a complaint online over a week ago. Still have not heard back from Marriott. I had a reservation with a late check in at a new Residence Inn near CLT only to discover the room had a defective A/C and I had to find another hotel at my cost in the middle of the night. It cost me quite a bit more since most the hotels were booked. The hotel manager apologized and said they are a new hotel and learning and promised me that they would take better care of me in the future but he made no offer to reimburse me with points or cash for the extra cost that I had to pay for the other hotel and the inconvenience and lack of sleep that their defective room and their mistakes cost me.
Originally Posted by Uh Clem
Yes they could have and should have covered the cost but they didn't. I run a small business and I have never asked a customer to pay for my mistake. If the only way to get a response from Marriott is to send a written correspondence with a return receipt than I'd just as soon take my business elsewhere.
The property absolutely should have stepped up and treated it as a walk and pay for a comparable room (and no charge for your first night), issued the 90,000(?) points, and the $100 cash! Not being able to reach MR to get this worked out is outrageous as well. If it was me, I'd put together a letter (invoice) detailing the Plat Walk benefits and submit it to the property and to MR. Include copies of your confirmation and the folio from the other property. Include any expenses such as transportation, if needed, and telephone calls. Give them a week to respond and if you haven't heard anything, escalate within MR. Totally unacceptable behaviour on their part.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ng-guests.html
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:43 pm

I called the Platinum line 4 times today and was disconnected on 3 of those occasions. On the 4th try I got a live person instantly after going through the menu and pressing "0" as discussed previously in this thread...I was stunned to hear a live voice!
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by raidersfan1
I called the Platinum line 4 times today and was disconnected on 3 of those occasions. On the 4th try I got a live person instantly after going through the menu and pressing "0" as discussed previously in this thread...I was stunned to hear a live voice!
Will have to try that!
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Not only can't I reach Marriott by telephone, but the Marriott.com US website has been offline and not working for a couple hours. Marriott's Japanese website seems to work, though.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Jun 6, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For me, it's been more than a couple hours today for the website being dead. I tried yesterday evening and I've been trying repeatedly all day today. Of course, I don't know whether it came back up for a while in the middle of the night.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For me, it's been more than a couple hours today for the website being dead. I tried yesterday evening and I've been trying repeatedly all day today. Of course, I don't know whether it came back up for a while in the middle of the night.
Meanwhile:

Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:52 pm

Finally, I got through on the website. When I did, I'm glad I was cancelling the reservation as the Marriott website had the room rate as "$5,355 avg/night USD" for just a standard room at one of Marriott's "lower" brands. It was obviously an error regarding foreign currency, but I still wouldn't want to have to fight about any no show charges when the reservation in their system is wrong. (It also would have cost, according to marriott.com, about three hundred dollars in taxes per night, which I guess would be possible somewhere, but hopefully for at least a nice junior suite.)
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
I've been on hold so far for 70 minutes and still counting. I feel like I must be stuck in some sort of loop. I can't understand how this is considered acceptable. I also sent in a web form 7 days ago and still no response. I can't even think of a way to complain about it!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:01 pm

The website seems down for the count again. I just tried to make reservation and as soon as I entered dates I got a message saying that it had timed out. This was within a minute or two of entering the website as I already knew the hotel and dates I wanted. I guess Hyatt wins again for what will be a very expensive location and date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.