Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AUGUST? Isn't it a published elite benefit to have access to special phone lines or at least priority in the queue?
Yea they mentioned they’re trying to get it ASAP but by August latest. Every agent is at least acknowledging the platnium lines are down but this was the first time hearing August. Hoping not have to call back anytime soon.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
It's unbelievable. You cannot reach Customer Service at all. I am trying to call to book the Marriott Travel Package and nobody is just picking up the phone.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Come on Marriott, I was on hold for 22 nimutes at 11:30 last night and then I was disconnected. Fix this soon or people are going to go elsewhere.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That's nothing. I've experienced being on hold for three and a half hours.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
It took me 20 minutes hold each time, but luckily the Agents I spoke to knew the Marriot Travel Package and it was a breeze to get it redeemed.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by danola
Come on Marriott, I was on hold for 22 nimutes at 11:30 last night and then I was disconnected. Fix this soon or people are going to go elsewhere.
Already happening!
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
It's unbelievable. You cannot reach Customer Service at all. I am trying to call to book the Marriott Travel Package and nobody is just picking up the phone.
I wonder if they have any metrics if the lines are being tied up with members calling to check account particulars vs. actual booking requests? Events like this are why many companies go on info lockdown prior to announcements. We would see sales tank at the hint of a new product about to be released. Everyone just had to have the latest and greatest no matter to cost to current productivity. Very shortsighted!
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:38 pm
BFG

Programs: SPG Platinum
Thank goodness for Flyertalk. I have been hold for a half hour with the platinum number. Marriott should ackowledge the line is down with a recording. Why should I have to torn to the web for info? Until recent months my loyalty was with Starwood. I have been unimpressed with the way Marriott has handled a few things so far.

Is it normal to wait for over a half hour when calling the non elite reservations line?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's nothing. I've experienced being on hold for three and a half hours.
Folks should start booking elsewhere and then sending Marriott copies of all the reservations they have lost because of this epic fail.

On a side note, does anyone know if the SPG lines are down too?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:32 pm

SPG answers immediately.
Advice here was to try marriott.co.uk for logging on and it worked great for me last week.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pilgrim
SPG answers immediately.
Advice here was to try marriott.co.uk for logging on and it worked great for me last week.
Thanks for the tip.

Yesterday I was thrown off in the middle of making a reservation, right after clicked on the Book Now button! Got an error message.

i had to endure lengthy hold time to get to a live person to make sure the reservation was never gone thru.

For reservations that actually went thru, it took hours to receive confirmation emails or not at all. I have 2 never have confirmation email sent so another round of phone calls to get that - even the rep said he just sent it, it still took hours to arrive...
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Happy
Thanks for the tip.

Yesterday I was thrown off in the middle of making a reservation, right after clicked on the Book Now button! Got an error message.

i had to endure lengthy hold time to get to a live person to make sure the reservation was never gone thru.

For reservations that actually went thru, it took hours to receive confirmation emails or not at all. I have 2 never have confirmation email sent so another round of phone calls to get that - even the rep said he just sent it, it still took hours to arrive...
I had a similar problem with the Hyatt website last week. The reservation went through, but even email from my My Hyatt Concierge was delayed for hours and finally arrived in the middle of the night. I was nervous because I snagged the last room in one of the properties and it was a pretty nice one, so I wanted to make sure that the details were confirmed.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by BFG
Thank goodness for Flyertalk. I have been hold for a half hour with the platinum number. Marriott should ackowledge the line is down with a recording. Why should I have to torn to the web for info? Until recent months my loyalty was with Starwood. I have been unimpressed with the way Marriott has handled a few things so far.

Is it normal to wait for over a half hour when calling the non elite reservations line?
From what I've picked up, calls to the elite lines are being merged in with regular calls with no priority queuing. AA made the switch some years back from having dedicated people for each tier to only having two groups. Calls to the EXP desk had staff and all others were sent to the central number, but caller's status (if known by the system) determined their position in line for the next agent. Marriott has some work ahead of them.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Hertz PC
This is really frustrating. I'm a longtime Platinum and in past years a call would ring directly thru to the hold music (after a quick message about the call being recorded). Now I'm put directly into the "tell us about why you're calling" and "it sounds like you're trying to reach a representative, please tell us a little bit more about why you're calling". It took me verbally asking for a representative and then pressing zero FIVE TIMES to finally get out of the IVR and into the hold queue. Then a 15 minute wait before speaking to anyone. From what I can see here, I may have been lucky.

I don't think the are giving any priority to elite status at the moment (despite dialing a 'dedicated line'). Very frustrating.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:28 pm

Well you apparently can't select the Visa Anniversary Certificate online any longer so you have wait for over half an hour listening to "an associate will be with you momentarily"

I will wait for this but if I can't book online in the future Marriott I will just stay at a competitor who has someone to pick up the phone!

Unacceptable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.