Community
Wiki Posts
Search

reservation rate error

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
reservation rate error

When trying to make a reservation I receive a very weird rate error, see picture hereunder

The total rate for my reservation is around $600 for 3 nights, taxes are around $100. So if I count this up I should have something around $700 in total. The booking engine displays $1,300...

When calling the reservation line I receive this same $1,300 and no explanation where the difference comes from...

The strange thing is that hotels.com gives me a rate of approx. $700...

Please enlighten me, because I'm really confused... what am I missing?
Old May 4, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by janvdr
When trying to make a reservation I receive a very weird rate error, see picture hereunder

The total rate for my reservation is around $600 for 3 nights, taxes are around $100. So if I count this up I should have something around $700 in total. The booking engine displays $1,300...

When calling the reservation line I receive this same $1,300 and no explanation where the difference comes from...

The strange thing is that hotels.com gives me a rate of approx. $700...

Please enlighten me, because I'm really confused... what am I missing?

Not math (doubling the room rates, taking the taxes and fees and multiplying by three days, etc.) makes the end math.

The current website isn't consistently showing lifetime status on all parts of the site that it's supposed to and people sometimes see other people's names on the login screen (happened to me this morning). I'd chalk it up to a bug.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:22 pm

Sounds like you got a bad (or just lazy) Reservations Agent. I'd call back and try again. A decent will realize that something is very wrong and want to talk to a Supervisor. If that doesn't happen, ask for a Supervisor yourself.

Note: I used to work at a travel call center. Make sure you ask for a Supervisor or "someone that can fix the problem" and not a Manager. Supervisors are content-knowledge experts. Managers manage people and therefore might not have the same skills necessary to fix the problem. That's just a little insider trick I learned. I'm assuming Marriott Central Reservations has a similar structure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.