Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Are suite night certificates awarded to all Platinum/Platinum Premier?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are suite night certificates awarded to all Platinum/Platinum Premier?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Michilander
My wife's account is now showing her at 73 nights and about $16.5K toward Ambassador. 73 is the number of BiB nights that have posted to her account so far this year. So, from her account, it looks like only BiB nights count toward Ambassador, as she has 150 nights credited so far. In one of the myriad threads about SNAs and Ambassador someone suggested that only BiB nights would count for SNAs. She has a link for the 50 night award (which is still stubbed off), but not the 75 night award, so that is consistent with what that poster said. All of the nights that have credited to her account so far this year, by the way, were Marriott stays before the 18th. Nothing has posted since then.
I have 60 nights credited towards Ambassador of which 35 were credit card nights, 10 were from a meeting, 2 were from spend, and 1 was birthday.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
Where are you guys seeing your spend?
Overview page. On the left is the current status, on the right it talks about how close you are to the next level. It may not show up unless you are already PPE and PPE+A is your next level.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:52 am

Overview page. On the left is the current status, on the right it talks about how close you are to the next level. It may not show up unless you are already PPE and PPE+A is your next level.
Also on the app; you can get there from the My Account screen as a PE as well as PPE.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:55 am

My wife's account is now showing her at 73 nights and about $16.5K toward Ambassador. 73 is the number of BiB nights that have posted to her account so far this year. So, from her account, it looks like only BiB nights count toward Ambassador, as she has 150 nights credited so far. In one of the myriad threads about SNAs and Ambassador someone suggested that only BiB nights would count for SNAs. She has a link for the 50 night award (which is still stubbed off), but not the 75 night award, so that is consistent with what that poster said. All of the nights that have credited to her account so far this year, by the way, were Marriott stays before the 18th. Nothing has posted since then.
As of this morning it is now showing all 150 nights toward Ambassador and still $16.5K. I make our total spend to be around $18.2K, so I could believe that she is getting credit for everything except taxes.

My account, on the other hand, is showing zero dollars, despite having had one revenue stay and one points+cash stay earlier this year.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by bhrubin
That's not accurate. The credit card 15 elite nights count towards status, too. The 10 elite nights for the first meeting count toward status, too.

The website still is being debugged and the merged accounts still have incomplete/inaccurate data. So be patient. Sounds like she will be pretty close to earning Ambassador status once the fix the kinks.

FWIW, my merged account indicates 187 nights with $38K spending--and still only Plat Premier status. Even though I already was SPG Plat100 Ambassador level and obviously am new Plat Premier with Ambassador level, too. The website and merged accounts still are being debugged/deglitched.
My credit card nights from SPG are reflected as paid nights and my MR credit card nights show as credit card nights. Normally, I would assume that the SPG side would be corrected later, but it may not due to all of the other issues MPG needs to address.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by OssianBlue
There's no real reason to believe this aside from a supposed comment from the unreliable Starwood Lurkers months ago. And, like you said, would be idiotic and irrational.
Actually, the Lurkers have been very reliable and I hope they survive being an FT resource. Many issues are elevated to the appropriate teams then inside SPG with very dependable responses. But yes, there have been reversals of previous decisions once escalated but I feel those have been very rare. Marriott has pretty much abandoned FT years ago when they weren't allow to control the messages posted on FT so they build Marriott Insiders that is fully under their control.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:40 am

As of this morning it is now showing all 150 nights toward Ambassador and still $16.5K. I make our total spend to be around $18.2K, so I could believe that she is getting credit for everything except taxes.

My account, on the other hand, is showing zero dollars, despite having had one revenue stay and one points+cash stay earlier this year.
This morning some of her post 8/18 stays posted. Curiously, the difference between the total hotel charges and the change in her Ambassador total was a good bit less than the total room tax on the stays.

The link to the annual benefit has changed to read "You earned Benefits of Choice for staying 50 nights and 75 nights. " Link, however, is still stubbed off.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I am PP with 27 nights this year, awaiting 15 nights from Marriott Credit Card which should be any day, also merge with SPG account adds 15 paid nights this year.

I am hopng to get SNA for staying 50+nights.

What is the best strategy, should I merge accounts first or wait for CC nights to hit?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by navatwal
I am PP with 27 nights this year, awaiting 15 nights from Marriott Credit Card which should be any day, also merge with SPG account adds 15 paid nights this year.

I am hopng to get SNA for staying 50+nights.

What is the best strategy, should I merge accounts first or wait for CC nights to hit?
There is debate whether crossing 50 by combining will earn the SNAs and no one knows for sure yet. If there is no way you will hit 50 nights with MR nights alone (crossing 50 before combining accounts), then I would suggest doing it now so when the CC nights do posts you will cross 50 at that time (or with stays if they should happen).
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I am PPE with 69 nights and I don’t see what you are describing, either the link to pick Suite Nights or my total spend. Is it possible to post a screenshot to see if I have the same what you see ?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by danola

I am PPE with 69 nights and I don’t see what you are describing, either the link to pick Suite Nights or my total spend. Is it possible to post a screenshot to see if I have the same what you see ?
On the Overview page there is a link to merge accounts. Below that is information on the next reservation. Below that is this:

Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
Where are you guys seeing your spend?
Overview page. On the left is the current status, on the right it talks about how close you are to the next level.
If only!

So, should I be expecting a fat rebate check from MR? I'll take that over Ambassador for sure!
Attached Images  
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Progress, anyway. My spend is now showing (and it's much less than I'd thought, which is good personally, but the Ambassador ranks won't be swelling on my account) and I just hit 50 days, and the "Select Your Gift" link (which only points to a landing page, for now) shows up.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:35 am

This morning some of her post 8/18 stays posted. Curiously, the difference between the total hotel charges and the change in her Ambassador total was a good bit less than the total room tax on the stays.

The link to the annual benefit has changed to read "You earned Benefits of Choice for staying 50 nights and 75 nights. " Link, however, is still stubbed off.
Can I ask what your breakdown is of your 150 nights? (paid vs award vs CC vs previous rollover). I'm trying to deduce what qualifies as a night towards SNA. I have 164 nights but was only offered a 50 night award gift.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
Can I ask what your breakdown is of your 150 nights? (paid vs award vs CC vs previous rollover). I'm trying to deduce what qualifies as a night towards SNA. I have 164 nights but was only offered a 50 night award gift.
When she was at 150 nights it was 73 BiB (70 paid, 3 CC/MB certs), 36 CC, 41 rollover. All of them are accounted for in the counter toward Ambassador.

She only had the 50 night link from 8/18 until a few days ago when it changed to 50 and 75. My guess is they just haven't worked through everyone, yet.

Also been tracking the Ambassador spend on the last few stays. Got exactly room charge for two Fairfield stays, room plus incidentals for a Delta stay. Looks like any spend that earns points counts for Ambassador.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.