Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Are suite night certificates awarded to all Platinum/Platinum Premier?

Old Apr 21, 18, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

It would be very good if you could clarify this, as if you achieved your status through a fast track or etc. it would be utterly pointless to be upgraded to Platinum Premier (i.e. no difference whatsoever with Platinum).

I think this is a very important question that should be answered.

Do people who fast track/match get access to these suite night certificates? Or are they only offered to people who stay the 50/75 nights (and in that case, then the difference between Platinum Premier and Platinum is almost nil).
Old Apr 21, 18, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mingzie View Post
It would be very good if you could clarify this, as if you achieved your status through a fast track or etc. it would be utterly pointless to be upgraded to Platinum Premier (i.e. no difference whatsoever with Platinum).

I think this is a very important question that should be answered.

Do people who fast track/match get access to these suite night certificates? Or are they only offered to people who stay the 50/75 nights (and in that case, then the difference between Platinum Premier and Platinum is almost nil).
The clear implication, from the wording on the website to the way that SNAs worked in the SPG program, is that they will only be given to people who stay the requisite number of nights and not included as part of lifetime status or a status match.
Old Apr 21, 18, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My reading of the rules is that 50 actual nights means a choice of a gift where one option is 5 SNAs amd then at 75 nights, another gift choice where 5 SNAs will be one of the options. IIRC a free night cert will be one of the other choices, but I don't think further details have been announced.
Old Apr 21, 18, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
75% bonus vs. 50% bonus. 48 hour availability. Now are these "no difference"?

Everyone can choose 5 SNAs after staying 50 nights and 5 additional SNAs after staying 75 nights.

As 75 nights is Platinum Premiere, you can't be a regular Platinum with 75 actual nights, by definition.
Old Apr 21, 18, 7:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Curious ... what have been the gift choices under SPG?

Wondering what it is that might be the equivalent of 5 SNA's.
Old Apr 21, 18, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by C17PSGR View Post
Curious ... what have been the gift choices under SPG?

Wondering what it is that might be the equivalent of 5 SNA's.
50 nights under the old program = one of:
  • 10 SNAs
  • Gift SPG Gold to a friend / family member
  • One Free Night Award
  • 5 Elite-Qualifying Nights
  • SPG Donation to UNICEF
  • 40% off of a bed purchase
https://www.spgpromos.com/50nightsbenefit/
Old Apr 21, 18, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPRich View Post
75% bonus vs. 50% bonus. 48 hour availability. Now are these "no difference"?

Everyone can choose 5 SNAs after staying 50 nights and 5 additional SNAs after staying 75 nights.

As 75 nights is Platinum Premiere, you can't be a regular Platinum with 75 actual nights, by definition.
Yes, 25% extra points is barely any difference.

48 hour availability is almost never handy and excludes high demand dates (oh, were booked out, too bad) which is the only time you'd use them for, you also get charged an insane premium

If this is the case then it makes absolutely no sense to obtain PP over Platinum if you aren't getting it through nights.
Old Apr 21, 18, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I'll be glad to take anyone's extra 25% points then.

There's an awful lot of whining going on over something that's worth nothing. Others obviously feel differently.

How are you achieving PP instead of PLT if not through nights?
kennycrudup and nequine like this.
Old Apr 21, 18, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There's an awful lot of whining going on
Indeed. People are acting as if Marriott has perpetrated some kind of human rights violation.

Yes, 25% extra points is barely any difference.
Same as the current difference between Marriott Gold and Plat.
slowly, JackE and JustinTJ like this.
Old Apr 21, 18, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Obviously if you obtain your status through nights you will call everyone else whiners because you don't want them to get the benefits

The chart clearly shows a dot as 5 suite night certificates on the chart. This is extremely misleading and legally questionable
Old Apr 22, 18, 12:49 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I'll be glad to take anyone's extra 25% points then.

There's an awful lot of whining going on over something that's worth nothing. Others obviously feel differently.

How are you achieving PP instead of PLT if not through nights?
AMEX Platinum SPG Gold > link to Marriott Gold > complete fast track challenge to Marriott Plat > maps to Marriott Plat Premier in August?
metoo likes this.
Old Apr 22, 18, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Obviously if you obtain your status through nights you will call everyone else whiners because you don't want them to get the benefits
I doubt most people spend a whole lot of time worrying about other peoples' status. I don't care what benefits you or anyone else get -- the chances that it'll have any effect on me is minuscule.

The chart clearly shows a dot as 5 suite night certificates on the chart. This is extremely misleading and legally questionable
Along with the message "Awarded with 50 qualifying nights" or "Awarded with 75 qualifying nights," as appropriate. I doubt their lawyers are too worried.
Old Apr 22, 18, 1:11 am
Original Poster

You guys clearly care. More suite night certificates means less chance of suite for you - that is why you are getting so sensitive.

The only place there is an asterisk is on Lucky's blog through a fan made chart, not on any of their official marketing details.
Old Apr 22, 18, 2:02 am

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You guys clearly care. More suite night certificates means less chance of suite for you - that is why you are getting so sensitive.
Nah, just kind of tired of the whining
kennycrudup, bhrubin and txpenny like this.
Old Apr 22, 18, 2:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan View Post
Along with the message "Awarded with 50 qualifying nights" or "Awarded with 75 qualifying nights," as appropriate. I doubt their lawyers are too worried.
https://members.marriott.com/benefits/

yep .... lifetime status only wont grant you the sna
need to earn them the hard way (a bit easier if you have access to marriott new credit card)
rogo likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: