Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
How to see your lifetime nights and points without having to call Marriott: Best way to see your Lifetime points and nights
Print Wikipost

The Race to 2.0MM Points is On!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DELee
Continuing to push to get to 2M (or, 2.0MM) - did a 1-to-1 transfer of 50K United miles on Friday (05/04/18) and they showed up today (05/06/18):

I'm probably not going to try to do a Chase MR Premier Visa card cancel / Premier Plus Visa apply. Plus, their "upgrade offer" was the measly 10K points. Also don't have the Chase UR card so won't be going that route.

Let's see what I can earn as well as charge in the next few months. Also, it allows me to see if any new offers that would allow me to make bank are released.

David
A week and 5 stays later...gotta keep pushing!

David
Getting closer - almost another 2 weeks further along:

(and I gave up one night to Hilton (and a crummy room at at HI) because none of the Marriott properties were available) )

Less than 20K to 2M (or is that 2.0MM? )!

David
So close (and gave up one night to SPG...):

David
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You'll surely earn the needed points, 8,275 by my arithmetic, before August 1st won't you? That would be approximately satisfied with one paid night in almost any Marriott family hotel that earns full points, so you just need to avoid RI, TPS, etc. and award nights.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
So close (and gave up one night to SPG...):

David
How are you viewing the points? For me only the lifetime nights display and no points.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You'll surely earn the needed points, 8,275 by my arithmetic, before August 1st won't you? That would be approximately satisfied with one paid night in almost any Marriott family hotel that earns full points, so you just need to avoid RI, TPS, etc. and award nights.
We must stay in very different hotels. My average stay is $150 - $200 per night.

$200 x 15 base and plt bonus points per $ = 3000 points per night

With the current mega bonus, it would be 3750 points per night.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
When you finally cross the 750/2mm threshold, do they send you some sort of acknowledgement (something in the mail, or at least an email)? I just did (as verified by the website) after some serious grinding the past 2 months, but just wondering if there is any notification from Marriott. Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcchi
When you finally cross the 750/2mm threshold, do they send you some sort of acknowledgement (something in the mail, or at least an email)? I just did (as verified by the website) after some serious grinding the past 2 months, but just wondering if there is any notification from Marriott. Thanks.
Only on the web page that shows you lifetime nights and points. There is should also show your new lifetime status. (Well, maybe the half-broken web page that currently only shows lifetime nights but not points will also show your new lifetime status.)

Otherwise, you're not notified until your lifetime status is your highest status (ie, your annual status is lower than your lifetime status).
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sorry, jet lag. I was calculating 10 points per dollar at $100 per night and added an additional zero.

Still, it's only three nights under the current promo, which isn't much to do in a month for a frequent traveler.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zakami
How are you viewing the points? For me only the lifetime nights display and no points.
For right now: Best way to see your Lifetime points and nights

David
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, jet lag. I was calculating 10 points per dollar at $100 per night and added an additional zero.
Still, it's only three nights under the current promo, which isn't much to do in a month for a frequent traveler.
Right now it is a three way race:
  1. 8,000 points due to me through a promotional rate for stays at a specific property that's way delinquent (e-mailed both the GM and Director of Operations and finally today e-mailed [email protected] to get the points due)
  2. My monthly statement close for the "ancient" Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature is at the end of the month and should generate a good deal of pointage, tho' probably not the 8,275 needed to cross the finish line
  3. This week's 3 stays at MR properties that together should push me past the 2.0MM (2M) mark with the MegaBonus
Oh, and I will get a few points out of a Rewarding Event but that's not going to do much for my lifetime point total for the Lifetime Platinum race...

Unfortunately, that's it for me until August 1st at this time. We'll see what happens in the next week or so.

And I'll post here. Of course, others who are making the same dash should do so as well!

David
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I just crossed 2 million last week!

Night #747 has posted. Nights #748 and 749 should post early July. Night #750 should post on about July 26th.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My race is over. My stay at the JW DC for nine nights posted this morning. It may be my highest earning stay ever. 46,918 pts, including the MegaBonus. The best part of this is now going to be getting to ignore all the repeated questions in this and LTP threads. It's become painful. :-)

Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
My race is over. My stay at the JW DC for nine nights posted this morning. It may be my highest earning stay ever. 46,918 pts, including the MegaBonus. The best part of this is now going to be getting to ignore all the repeated questions in this and LTP threads. It's become painful. :-)
Just curious: did Lifetime Platinum update instantaneously with the stay posting?

I remember I crossed LT Gold on a transfer and my account pretty much instantly displayed the status.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by pinniped
Just curious: did Lifetime Platinum update instantaneously with the stay posting?

I remember I crossed LT Gold on a transfer and my account pretty much instantly displayed the status.
I didn't seen any change. I'm currently PLT based on last year's activity.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I crossed the 2 million point mark yesterday! So I am lifetime platinum! Like WillTravel4Food, I will probably take a break from some of these threads. There are some patient people here that are answering the same questions over and over.

I really didn't think I would get LTP under the old rules before August 1. Up to this point, my business travel was slow this year. But things are picking up. I am actually doing the status match/challenge over at Hilton since this is wrapped up. I like the thought of being both diamond and LTPP. I have more options that way. Even though I have 10 years of diamond at Hilton, I am nowhere near lifetime diamond.

Thanks for everyone's advice!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:37 pm

In my case, I was PP when I crossed over to become LTP, so there was no change in my status. IIRC the LTP status wasn't indicated on y account in any obvious way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.