Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Looking for best value redemption to burn 100k points over 5 nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

I'm in SF and was initially looking at Marriott's Autograph Collection, thinking that Bogota isn't too far for a short trip, but the rack rates (avg. under $200 USD / night) don't really justify the number of points I'd be expending on travel and airfare.

Are there any really excellent / unique / interesting 4-5 star properties in N.America, Latin American, Caribbean, or nearby (short haul flight) where I could take advantage of the 5th night free offer and blow 100K points on an award stay at pretty solid value?

I just spent 3 weeks at the RC in Tokyo on an all-points stay (roughly the equivalent of 30k cash value) and I just can't bring myself to spend the rest of my balance on a $140/nt room. I'd rather transfer all of my points to UA or a partner airline than blow the remainder on a cheap hotel stay.

What are the best value redemptions out there for a 5 night stay that can be reasonably attained for under 140K in points.

I'm looking to unload and get a booking locked down before the big devaluation in August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.