Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Eligibility Question (Silver to Gold Status Change)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2018, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

I've had the Marriott Premier Rewards Visa for a few years and have been a Silver Elite member because it. I just signed up for the Amex Plantinum card, so I'm planning to activate Marriott Gold status with the SPG Gold match. My question is, I booked a bunch of hotel reservations for this year while I was Silver Elite, now that I am Gold, will I receive Gold benefits for these future stays (Upgrade Eligibility, Points Earned, etc)?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:22 pm

Yes..
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: United GS, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
My experience has always been that I got the benefits appropriate for the my status at the time of the stay. That's worked both ways for me: booking made before status, got Gold matched from UA before stay, got Gold benefits during stay. Another time, I made a booking while I had Gold status, then got bumped down to Silver before the stay, and only had Silver benefits during the stay.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick replies! I figured the status would update on existing reservations, but would rather be safe than sorry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.