Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Points from the Marriott Twitter Trivia Expire Quickly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

A warning to transfer MR points to SPG account quickly.

I logged in to my account to transfer my points I earned from the Marriott Twitter trivia into my SPG account, and I see they all expired. I get that the points don't extend my regular points from expiring, but the last bonus points expired 8 days after they were earned. Funny thing is I did stay at a Marriott in the last 24 months, but it was booked on hotels .com to keep the hotels .com points from expiring.

POSTED TYPE DESCRIPTION POINTS
03/14/2018 Other Points Expiration 03/14/2018 -12,250 Points
03/06/2018 Bonus #rewardspoints Mlse +100 Points
02/05/2018 Bonus Rewards Points-extra Pt Sunday +500 Points
We're sorry, but your points expired on 02/01/2016. Our records show no account activity for at least 24 months. If you believe we missed something, please contact customer support.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 5:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Dom Bologna

I logged in to my account to transfer my points I earned from the Marriott Twitter trivia into my SPG account, and I see they all expired. I get that the points don't extend my regular points from expiring, but the last bonus points expired 8 days after they were earned. Funny thing is I did stay at a Marriott in the last 24 months, but it was booked on hotels .com to keep the hotels .com points from expiring.
It appears your "warning" is only applicable to those accounts in the same situation as yours....no account activity within the past 24 months.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Seen the same with a family member, with a MR account with the "We're sorry, but your points expired on 02/01/2016" flag.

She was starting to engage with MR again after being matched from SPG, and has upcoming MR bookings. She earned some MR points from Twitter, and had them wiped a few days later.

And of course, if you only had 500 MR points from Twitter, you can't transfer them out to SPG anyway, due to the 1,000-minimum threshold.

MR's strict application of The Rules in these circumstances is hardly 'welcome back to MR, it's great to see you again', is it ?

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Apr 2, 2018 at 4:20 am
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Dom Bologna

Your points (all of them) had the same expiration date, which these twitter points did not extend. That said, I would try calling and saying that you earned points in the last 24 months and see what they say. Worst case is what you have right now (nothing), so I don't think you have much to lose.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
MR's strict application of The Rules in these circumstances is hardly 'welcome back to MR, it's great to see you again', is it ?
By "strict application of The Rules", you mean following the rules? And by "welcome back to MR" you mean "I haven't stayed at Marriott or spent a single penny in over 2 years"?

Maybe a DYKWIA and explanation about how the rules don't apply will get back the 500 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.