Moxy Brand - Thoughts?

Old Mar 19, 18, 3:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Moxy Brand - Thoughts?

Any of you guys have thoughts on the Moxy Brand? Do you like it?
Old Mar 19, 18, 11:33 pm
alc

Originally Posted by SingaporeJunkie View Post
Any of you guys have thoughts on the Moxy Brand? Do you like it?
Never stay at any Moxy yet, but here is a thread that talk about this brand:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...worldwide.html
Old Mar 20, 18, 12:00 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
and, like other Marriott brands I'm sure the Moxy's in US won't compare to those in the EU nor in Asia

Originally Posted by alc View Post
Never stay at any Moxy yet, but here is a thread that talk about this brand:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...worldwide.html
Old Mar 20, 18, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
I stayed at the Vienna airport location and overall was not impressed. I think it is a Starwood aloft knock-off and not done very well. From a design perspective it's clearly the trend the big chains are going after as Hilton is doing a similar dorm style concept with their new Tru concept. For a quick night stay without much else required other than a clean room that's a little stylish it works but for anything else I will likely go elsewhere.
Old Mar 20, 18, 6:19 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
The only one I've stayed at is NYC times square. The price was right, the bar is nice, the room is ... sparse. If you don't plan on spending a lot of time in your room and just need a place to crash it's great.
Old Mar 20, 18, 7:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pvn View Post
The only one I've stayed at is NYC times square. The price was right, the bar is nice, the room is ... sparse. If you don't plan on spending a lot of time in your room and just need a place to crash it's great.
Did you feel like the hotel was a frat scene?
Old Mar 20, 18, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
What he means is that Moxy rooms are small/made for millennials who alledgely don't need squat in their rooms. They're supposedly trendy. Re: your post in the other thread, use the cert & save your SPG points for the travel package.

Cheers.
Old Mar 21, 18, 5:50 am
pvn
Suspended

There wasn't any noise on my floor that interfered with sleeping if that's what you mean.
Old Mar 21, 18, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
There wasn't any noise on my floor that interfered with sleeping if that's what you mean.
I think he meant if there were lots of young guys in the same clothes calling each other dude or bro drinking in the lobby and being way too loud.

Seriously I think a hotel at a lower price point that is trendy is always going to have a younger party crowd.
Old Mar 21, 18, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Bear in mind, just as with the AC brand, Moxy incidentals do not earn Marriott points.
Old Mar 21, 18, 10:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Considering how quickly the Moxy portfolio is growing, it appears that hotel developers and investors foresee a big demand for economy hotels with small rooms, a youthful vibe, and breakfast not included.

I'm impressed that Moxy hotels often have good locations -- or at least better locations than typical Fairfield Inns. Of course, this tends to mean relatively high room prices for rather sparse rooms.

Last edited by Horace; Mar 21, 18 at 10:57 am
Old Mar 21, 18, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Old Mar 21, 18, 2:31 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by christianj View Post
I think he meant if there were lots of young guys in the same clothes calling each other dude or bro drinking in the lobby and being way too loud.
IDK, I don't really pay a lot of attention to what other people are doing in the lobby.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: