Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can no longer find hotels under specific categories?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Only last week I was able to find hotels listed under each reward category - this is a handy feature to me when trying to figure out where to use the 7 nights cert from the Travel Package redemption. I did not bookmark the link because it could always be found under the Use Points on the Marriott Reward Site, with the Free Stay clickable link.

However the category table with a little block on the top right hand corner which you can check worldwide hotels under one category is now replaced by a static reward cost table.
http://www.marriott.com/rewards/poin...dType=Standard

I can no longer find the previous table where it lists all the category point level with the little link on the top right hand corner that you could check worldwide listings under a single category.

Does anyone know where the old category listings are located?

It seems Marriott deliberately removes the previous "charts" so no more easy reference on the list of hotels under single category.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Sadly, Marriott is trying to force a new web system upon us all. I woe the day when it is the only web source.

Until then, start by going to the legacy website: https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?version=legacy as well as bookmark/store the link - especially when the "craptacular" new site comes up.

By starting from the legacy site, you should then be able to find the searching that you're used to. For now.

David
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the legacy link David. I was trying to find the thread that had it listed. I had find new hotels & find hotels w/ free breakfasts bookmarked, as I use those often to post new hotels or update the exec lounge sticky. Lately when I click on the links the link will display for a split second & then it defaults to the generic hotel search, which brings up 5210 properties. I'm hoping I'll have better luck w/ the legacy link.

Cheers.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

@David,

Thanks a lot for the legacy link. It works. It works as for now. Otherwise as Sharon said, the site brings up 5210 properties. It is really bad to do away useful functions when they do an "enhancement" of their site. Seems all "enhancements" lately across many company sites in their rush to become mobile app oriented, are more detriments than enhancement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.