Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Which Marriott property in Toronto to stay at?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:27 am
Original Poster

It will be my first time in Toronto and I am debating between the following properties:
Delta Hotels Toronto
Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel

Which would be the best one to stay at in terms of lounge food offering, location and a good fitness center? I am leaning towards Delta Hotels Toronto due to the lounge being open on weekends but would like to hear opinions. Thank you
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, JetBlue Mosaic
Delta Hotel is my top choice. Great location. Self-parking is convenient. Lounge has wonderful views and good evening selection of food. Lots of cozy corners in the lounge are both good and bad, as when the place gets busy it suddenly feels cramped. Breakfast was offered in restaurant for Platinums. Tasty well-prepared and maintained buffet offerings, but the restaurant setting was noisy and there were stacks of dirty dishes everywhere (either on tray-stands or uncleared tables), with clueless (but perfectly nice) staff wandering about waiting to be told what to do by the guests -- the people whom I presume to have been the supervisory or management staff for the dining room were clustered at the host stand chatting away. So if that's the only significant minus, that's still a pretty nice stay. I was very pleased when this property became part of the Marriott stable of brands.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:09 pm

Delta is a newer hotel but location wise Marriott Eaton Centre is better located with public transit at your door plus it is next door to a major shopping centre which also has an excellent food court.
The lounge offering is very good and the hotel does offer full breakfast in the restaurant when the lounge is closed.
dgreen12 and nequine like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada 35K
I;d go with the Delta. It's a newer property and try to get a corner room if possible. You can look out over Lake Ontario while sitting on the toilet. haha.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:03 pm

Another vote for the Delta for the views, location, and service.

800_7311 by on Flickr

800_7334 by on Flickr

800_7326 by on Flickr

800_7946-Pano by on Flickr
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:33 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Also look at the Renaissance Toronto...
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Has anyone styed at the Delta Toronto East in Scarborough? Couldn‘t find any reviews here on the site and it seems to be the only cheap full service property in mid February...
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by Muerz
Has anyone styed at the Delta Toronto East in Scarborough? Couldn‘t find any reviews here on the site and it seems to be the only cheap full service property in mid February...
I haven't stayed there, but what are your plans while in Toronto? The hotel is far from downtown.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the Delta and would highly recommend it. Nice hotel, nice location, great views. They put me on the top floor where the concierge lounge is located.

I have not stayed at any of the other hotels listed.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:58 am

Does the Delta have Safe's? I was shocked that both the Renaissance attached to the Stadium and the Marriott Eaton Center didn't. Real pain to use the safe's behind the desks. I avoid Marriott's that don't have safe's in the room.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
Does the Delta have Safe's? I was shocked that ....the Marriott Eaton Center didn't.
The Marriott Eaton Centre does have a safe in the room. It is in a drawer, not the closet.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by laidback71
The Marriott Eaton Centre does have a safe in the room. It is in a drawer, not the closet.
Not my room when I was there July 17.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
Not my room when I was there July 17.
Did you check all the drawers? I admit it was in the last place I looked. You pull the drawer out and the entry to the safe was from above.

Hotel details say that rooms come with a safe.
Hotel Near Ryerson University | Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.