Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Winter 2018 Megabonus: 16 Jan - 15 April 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winter 2018 Megabonus: 16 Jan - 15 April 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by BigJC
My two stays for last weekend the 1,000 each posted as "extra" under the hotel points earnings and the 2,000 "Spring Megabonus" posted separately.

Same here.

Megabonus tracker is working also
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
How many stays does it say you have left on the spring megabonus tracker?

If it says 25 stays left, that means it think you haven't had a 2000-points earning stay yet, only your one no-extra-points stay so far.
none, that seems to be the problem. Will have to call them when I am back in the US to get it fixed. Annoying.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
2nd stay and no points credited. I hate chasing these things down
Keep in mind that on the new website the Megabons from this cycle shows an separate line above the stay. (I don't know if they appear the same time, or if there's a delay between the stay and the Megabonus line.)

While on the old website the Megbonus from the previous cycle would show as +1000 or whatever on the hotel earnings line.

At first, I didn't think I had earned 2000 points, because I was looking for +2000 on the hotel earnings line. But then I finally noticed the separate line for just Megabonus above that.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC SE
I've tried registering for this promo multiple times over the past few weeks via my phone, and computer, and keep getting error messages. My earnings preference is points, so that's not the problem. Tried calling in, but Marriott Rewards is closed for the evening now (9 PM ET). They're not making it easy to register for this promo (for me at least).
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:58 pm

Not a big deal but I do not like it posting as a separate line! More pages to scroll through! It is what is is though! Just happy I get bonus points!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I called Plat Premiere line to ask about the 1,000 weekend points. She said it only kicks in on the 3rd and subsequent stays:
Stay 1: Qualify
Stay 2: 2,000 points
Stay 3+: 2,000 points + 1,000 if it includes a weekend night.

Anyone, please let me know if you hear anything different.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I called Plat Premiere line to ask about the 1,000 weekend points. She said it only kicks in on the 3rd and subsequent stays:

That's consistent with the points I actually got, but it's not how I had read the rules. My 2nd stay was a Saturday, and I expected the 2000+1000. Only got 2000, but did get 2000+1000 for my third stay. Oh well, I guess it's not going to post later and just how the rules work. Only 1000 pts, but I hate being disappointed!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET

How does that interpretation come out?

I didn't get my weekend points on my second stay. On the Insiders page, there is a suggestion someone was told the weekend bonuses will come later and separate, in a few weeks.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:04 pm

I got this explanation too over the phone. Submitted the case with MI and they re-posted the stay so I got the 1000 points for the 2nd stay.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
How does "up to 3000 starting with your second stay" require a third stay?

​​​​
C17PSGR, sdsearch, getagb and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I called, got an agent who said it was a glitch and said he posted the missing 1,000. I still can't see it on my Activity, but I saw that my total points suddenly shot up by 1,000.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:42 pm

I called, got an agent who said it was a glitch and said he posted the missing 1,000. I still can't see it on my Activity, but I saw that my total points suddenly shot up by 1,000.
There is usually a delay on the US site.

Try the UK site -- it should be there. marriott.co.uk
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:03 am

Does it count as a stay if I redeemed cash and points?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by hktramz
Does it count as a stay if I redeemed cash and points?
I asked Marriott during previous megabonus events and they responded that using cash and points turns a stay into a reward stay and that it won't count.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Marriott CS reps can't get their story straight. I email them asking about an extra 1k pts on the first stay since its a weekend. I read it as 2k pts on second stay but the 1k weekend bonus not necessarily tied to that requirement.

1st email rep says that you get 2k pts on second stay but that 1k weekend bonus doesn't apply until the third stay.
I apologize for any confusion. Please note that the additional 1,000 bonus points are earned beginning with your third paid stay during the earning dates of the promotion. You will begin earning bonus points for your stays starting with your second paid stay during the promotion.
2nd rep on phone says that you get 2k and weekend bonus on second stay. I mention how the other rep told me otherwise and she says to forward her the email so she can track her down and correct her. Promptly brushes me off, tells me I'm wrong, and transfers me.

3rd rep says the first and second reps are wrong and that the 2k bonus is for the second stay but that the 1k weekend bonus CAN apply to the first stay. 1k pts added without any prodding.
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.