Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to tell if hotel has lounge??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

How to tell if hotel has lounge??

I searching for a week long stay pretty much anywhere in Florida - we are gold. Would prefer to a resort with lounge access to reduce the cost of food on this family trip. I'm not seeing this as a search function. I know only a few brands, but how can you tell which places within the brands actually have a lounge? Our local renaissance has such a good spread it takes care of breakfast and dinner for us.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:32 pm

You can look up this thread - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-weekends.html
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Appreciated!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
And call the property directly and speak with someone on site. Threads and even chain website get behind and it doesn't help you.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by mdurette
I searching for a week long stay pretty much anywhere in Florida - we are gold. Would prefer to a resort with lounge access to reduce the cost of food on this family trip. I'm not seeing this as a search function. I know only a few brands, but how can you tell which places within the brands actually have a lounge? Our local renaissance has such a good spread it takes care of breakfast and dinner for us.
If a "resort" hotel does have a lounge, it often excludes elite members from breakfast. Some charge elite members extra just for access. Definitely call before booking.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Pickings are slim, we've discussed this before somewhere and IIRC the Hollywood Beach Marriott is on the beach with a lounge. Delray Beach Marriott had a good one as of 2007, just across the street from the ocean.

SPG may help here, recall a St Regis being discussed. Also beware as I've been going to Marriotts in FL for the last 20 years and they've all cut back tremendously. St Pete Marriott last January was absolutely horrible both morning & night.

Last edited by joshua362; Nov 21, 2017 at 4:29 pm
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:23 am
Suspended

The Tampa Westshore....and even better it has a gentleman's club too next door.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by sanfran8080
The Tampa Westshore....and even better it has a gentleman's club too next door.
Actually one of the better CL's (along with the airport Marriott but that was years ago). Odd area though, I don't know how anyone gets any sleep at the SHS sharing the parking lot with the Gentleman's Club. Bubba Clemp used to broadcast from a studio in the back of the complex.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by joshua362
Actually one of the better CL's (along with the airport Marriott but that was years ago). Odd area though, I don't know how anyone gets any sleep at the SHS sharing the parking lot with the Gentleman's Club. Bubba Clemp used to broadcast from a studio in the back of the complex.
I've stayed in both the Marriott Westshore and that SHS many times and will agree the area is a little different. I've never had any trouble sleeping in the SHS and once you're inside, you don't feel like you're in the middle of strip club alley.

With that said, neither property is anywhere near the beach. It's not like the Hollywood Marriott where you can walk to sand and surf.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

thanks all for the replies - after several days of searching both FL, I expanded to Carribean and yes...slim pickings!

Would be real nice if Marriott just made that an amenity option to pick from!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Marriott has not built resort properties with executive lounges that are complimentary for Gold and higher elite members. I would argue that they deliberately did this to segment their market and appeal more to the resort owners. Hyatt tends to have to more resort properties with Regency Clubs. Hilton resembles Marriott in not having as many resort properties with executive lounges.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by mdurette
thanks all for the replies - after several days of searching both FL, I expanded to Carribean and yes...slim pickings!

Would be real nice if Marriott just made that an amenity option to pick from!
Do let me (us) know what you find as I have a FL stay coming up in January in the Tampa area although I may drive around.

You might also just considering focusing on the free breakfast aspect of the lower chains (RI, FFI), that would get you water adjacent in Treasure Island, Delray Beach, FLL, Destin, etc. Most evening offerings are pretty limited and pathetic lately IME.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
The best bet is to always just call and ask
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by seahawks10177
The best bet is to always just call and ask
+1 !

It never ceases to amaze me how many people post here looking for something which is a simple factual answer a phone call away and which cannot be accurately answered on FT (place could have had the nicest lounge in the world last week, but it's closed for OP's stay). A quick call will yield an accurate and useful answer.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
+1 !

It never ceases to amaze me how many people post here looking for something which is a simple factual answer a phone call away and which cannot be accurately answered on FT (place could have had the nicest lounge in the world last week, but it's closed for OP's stay). A quick call will yield an accurate and useful answer.
Normally sound advice but not really relevant to the question at hand right now unless you are suggesting the OP make 50? 100? phone calls to Marriott & SPG properties in FL & the Caribbean hoping for a proverbial needle in a haystack.

Short answer is that no Marriott resort is going to have a "free" lounge but there could be other properties with lounges that could entertain you otherwise. I would like to hear other than suggestions I pointed out above, a few Orlando properties could work as well, the Grand Bohemian downtown for one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.