Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is there something like SPG Ambassador? (How do i get special requests?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there something like SPG Ambassador? (How do i get special requests?)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Thanks to helpful folks

Again, much appreciated to those helpful folks. Too many people on this forum try make themselves feel bigger and better and it’s unfortunate. All I want is to get to know this Marriott program better and I’m excited to.

Good suggestions on the SPG route. I will try that. I’ll report back.

I will I’ll also go direct through hotel, understanding it’s a gamble. Zero expectations. A simple card would be a nice touch. I’ll buy the wine.

Stayed at most of SPGs in Paris and simply want to try something new for a weekend. Actually Renaissance Vendome looks boutique and interesting.

These programs are merging and we’re feeling our way through...
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by JBauer
...Too many people on this forum try make themselves feel bigger and better and it’s unfortunate....
Which is exactly the point. The question asked wasn't about how to get Marriott to do something special. It was about getting recognized as an Ambassador guest. The title even asks about recognition.

Marriott does have many nice properties in Paris. There are boutique type properties, a large standard Marriott and a couple good less expensive CYs a little farther out but on the Metro. Many people on here swear by the property you are considering. The AdT property is modern-cool. The CE property is touristy elegant if you are looking for that. The common thread is most people have had great stays at each. Hopefully you and your wife will have a great time.

Last edited by CJKatl; Oct 4, 2017 at 2:09 pm
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by CJKatl
The question asked wasn't about how to get Marriott to do something special. It was about getting recognized as an Ambassador guest. The title even asks about recognition.
Oh for gawd's sake. Let it go. He has again reiterated he's new to the MAR side of the program, etc, and as I pointed out & dissected your dis above, he was asking how to make it a special stay (re: of method to get there) & you interpreted it as he said MAR sucks/they don't care (which he didn't say). Truthfully I was disappointed in your response(s), because you're normally helpful.

And FWIW - the OP asked IF there was an Ambassador for special requests. It's a legit question. You continue to double down on this (reminds me of someone else, but don't want to take this to PR ).

You finally provided real input re: the properties, which I'm sure he'll appreciate.

Cheers.
controller1 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Happy to report...

Maybe this is better served on SPG thread, but was pleasantly surprised to hear from my SPG ambassador:

I can help you to coordinate this special occasion with our Marriott team members.

Once you make your reservation, please let me know the details via e-mail or phone.

Ambassador Service will reach out to the Marriott hotel for you.

We'll work with Marriott to help make it a special experience."

I'm very impressed at the synergy...
controller1 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for input. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.