Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades at Towne Place?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Upgrades at Towne Place?

I stayed at a Towne Place Suites location this week and asked for an upgrade from a one king/sofa bed room to 2 queen bed room. They would only "upgrade" me if I paid the difference, but I have had some success at RIs going from studio to one bedroom as a complimentary upgrade for my gold status.

The Towne Place was pretty full, but I usually don't stay at that brand. Anyone have experience being upgraded at Towne Place?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:27 pm

Yes .
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Yes .
Yes what? You have experience & got an upgrade or you have experience & was denied an upgrade?

Cheers.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Yes what?
The OP's question was:
Anyone have experience being upgraded at Towne Place?
My answer to that question was "yes."
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Several years ago I was upgraded to a two bedroom at TPS in Broomfield CO.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keep in mind that just because an upgrade is possible at some properties in a given brand on some dates does not mean that it's going to work at all properties on all dates.

So just because some people got upgraded at TownePlaces does not prove that the next person (you or anyone else) staying at one will be.

There are plenty of brands where upgrades may be possible but may simultaneously be rare.

So what good is asking if "someone" got an upgrade at "some" TownePlace?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:12 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Upgrades at TPS are similar to RIs. While they "can" upgrade you to a 2-bedroom suite, given most RIs/TPSes tend to only have a few of them, hotels tend to limit upgrades to them. Not that it doesn't happen, it does, and I've been on the receiving end of 2-bedroom suite upgrades at both RIs and TPSes. In fact, most RIs and TPSes don't even put their 2-bedroom suites into award inventory. (Though I've been successful at calling the Plat line and getting them to contact the hotel and ask if they would open up a 2-bedroom award, even that doesn't work all the time.)

What is more likely is if you reserved a studio and if there is a 1-bedroom suite available, they will upgrade you to that.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
So what good is asking if "someone" got an upgrade at "some" TownePlace?
If virtually everyone came back and said they almost always get a 2-bedroom suite upgrade no matter the TPS or if everyone said that never happens, then the OP might glean some information about whether this was the norm or an aberration. Maybe if the OP could have asked if people here had stayed at that particular TPS and if they received an upgrade or not, the OP might have received information about that particular TPS. But possibly the OP is never planning on traveling to that location again and just wanted to know what type of upgrades in general should be expected at TPSes to allow them to compare that answer to their experiences with general RI stays.

Last edited by hhoope01; Aug 26, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.