Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Cancelled E-certificate and refuse to reinstate.

Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:20 am
Original Poster

I am looking for suggestions on how to proceed with this issue.

I had a one night e-certificate from my Mariott Visa which was to expire July 28. So, on July 24, I called in to see if it could be extended. They refused. Ok fine. However, they had already cancelled my e-certificate. I was told it would be put back but it wasn't. So they stole my e-certificate 4 days early just because I asked if it could be extended. I posted a message on Marriott rewards Facebook page and they came back that it is now past the expiry date and are not able to reinstate it. Complete non-sense. It was their mistake and they are refusing to take responsibility.

This is the conversation with Marriott:
Marriott Rewards: Hello Fred, Sorry for your frustration. Please contact our team to verify this at: 800-627-7468 Hours are: M- F 6am - 11pm CST...
Fred: Of course no useful response or help resolving this matter.
Marriott Rewards I am sorry to hear of this. Since it is past the expiration date of your certificate we are not able to assist you in getting it reinstated. Sarah
Fred: That is non-sense. You cancelled my certificate before the expiration date. It is your mistake and you need to take responsibility for YOUR mistake.
Marriott Rewards: I am sorry if the person you were talking to cancelled your certificate a few days before it was to expire. Once the expiration date passes we are unable to retrieve it. If you would have contacted us right away we would have been able to retrieve it for you. Sarah
Fred: Again, that is more non-sense. The "person" said it would be put back. Which it wasn't. This is beside the point. YOU made the mistake and need to make things right. You are liable for your mistakes and I am entitled to compensation. So to say you can do nothing is completely ridiculous.
Fred: I shouldn't be surprised as most of the people who post here are told the same thing. .... so sorry....nothing we can do....
Marriott Rewards: We apologize for the frustration, Fred. Have a good day! -Ari
Fred: Looks like they just reply to all issues with the same message but do nothing to resolve the issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.