Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

How to get 75000 Marriott points in a few months?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get 75000 Marriott points in a few months?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:34 pm
alc

OP, as others had stated, the hotel normal rate is $220 and I randomly look for a few days and the Member rate is $197 and from the desc, it said it come with $100 resort credit per stay as well, so might also want look into this as well.

I also tried my company corp rate and it show $186. so you can also try the codes listed on the WIKI at the following thread as well:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ion-codes.html
Attached Images  
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:20 am

If you are desperate, maybe get CITI or Barclay and just erase the OP?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
As someone who has stayed at the property within the last 12 months, I wouldn't waste 225,000 points for a six night stay at the property with rates hovering around $200 per night. It is a nice property, with beautiful grounds, but I would save my points for a later vaca, where the points vs. cash rate is a little more justified. October is definitely low season in the USVI. Rates at the Ritz Carlton can be had for $300 for six nights, but their resort fee is $78 per night!

I would book a room at Frenchman's Reef for cash now, you can always cancel if you prefer to use points. Also, I would book at the Morning Star Beach Club vs. the main hotel. Nicer rooms, secluded, and you are right on the beach! Definitely splurge one night and eat at Havana Blue!

Regards,

RIP..
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
+1 Joshua & OU812! Plus, you will earn >= 20K points (for the stay + by charging to your SPG Amex) by staying at FR money-paid! Bringing you close to the 175K you need for your following vacation of 6 nights at a Cat. 7 or 180K for 7 nights Cat. 6!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
If you need to earn points fast and don't have a way to get them through credit card offers, I would suggest looking into manufactured spending.

Oh, just an FYI, there is a 50K/yr cap on family transfers of marriott points, but no limit on marriott to SPG transfers or SPG to SPG transfers or SPG to marriott transfers. Thus, you can transfer as many points as you want from family members via a circuitous route of family member marriott--->family member SPG--->family member SPG--->your SPG---->your Marriott....works like a charm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.