Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Resort in Thailand, Hua Hin or Rayong?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I am planing a platinum challenge in Bangkok, and I have two nights for resort and beach, phuket and Ko Samui is too far from Bangkok so I am looking at Marriott Rayong or Hua Hin.

I prefer Rayong because the room is slightly larger and beautifly desgined with style,each comes with a separate shower and bath tub which is kind important to me especially in a vacation, but from my past posting history I certainly understand that for some people bathroom is not important and for a luxury hotel it should come with a tiny bathroom and making room for a large sofa area, which, makes Mandarin Oriental or peninsula 's room layout looking like a fool.

Anyway, anyone familiar with Thailand? Which of two do you recommend , if traveling from Bangkok, and which destination of the two have a lower chance of raining in June or July? Thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Like your former posts, where in the world do you get your information from to think that Rayong is more luxurious then the new Hua Hin Marriott? Totally incorrect.

And then as usual you go off on a tangent discussing MO and Peninsula which have absolutely nothing to do with the subject of your post and aren't even identified inasmuch as there are both more then one MO and Peninsula in the world.

By the way, both Rayong and Hua Hin are roughly 4 hours from Bangkok while Samui is a 45 minute flight and Phuket an hour flight so that part of your post is likewise incorrect.

And in June/July you can count on it raining in both Rayong and Hua Hin but I have no idea which one will flood away more then the other.

Originally Posted by Vince Chan
I am planing a platinum challenge in Bangkok, and I have two nights for resort and beach, phuket and Ko Samui is too far from Bangkok so I am looking at Marriott Rayong or Hua Hin

I prefer Rayong because the room is slightly larger and beautifly desgined with style,each comes with a separate shower and bath tub which is kind important to me especially in a vacation, but from my past posting history I certainly understand that for some people bathroom is not important and for a luxury hotel it should come with a tiny bathroom and making room for a large sofa area, which, makes Mandarin Oriental or peninsula 's room layout looking like a fool.

Anyway, anyone familiar with Thailand? Which of two do you recommend , if traveling from Bangkok, and which destination of the two have a lower chance of raining in June or July? Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:47 am

I spent a night in the Marriott Rayong Resort. It is actually pretty far away from Rayong and there's no much in the area. It has a couple of nice pools.
Got upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite from the base room as a gold member.
Good for a relaxing stay lazing about by the pools.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Stayed @ the new Hua Hin property earlier this year.
great property and the pork belly hotdog must be tried.

Cant go wrong with this one.
Old May 2, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
As above. It's quicker to get to the JW or Renaissance in Phuket than to Hua Hin or Rayong. I also think that its much safer to fly in Thailand than take any journey by road.

I have stayed at the above four and would choose one of the properties in Phuket any day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.