Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My last three stays showed zero Amenity points.
tonywush likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
My last 3 stays from a 11 day European trip (Paris, Rome, Madrid) did not post. I completed the trip 1 week ago, and still no sign of any points or stays.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by dabears17
I had a stay in mid-July not post until after 10 days and I submitted the missing stay request. Stays used to post on 2nd day after checkout, lately its been stretching to 3. Stays on July 28th and July 29th posted on 3rd day. One from August 6th has not posted yet. I need about 30k points and 12 nights (after my 15 CC nights post) to get legacy lifetime platinum, so I'm a little nervous.
I agree seeing the nights in your account before the 18th will be reassuring. However, as long as the stay has happened, I am sure MPG will make the appropriate adjustments.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had a one night stay from 8/4-5 that still hasn't posted. I checked out on the app and got the email receipt on 8/5 but still no points. Glad to hear I'm not alone.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:08 pm

I had a five-night stay ending on July 30. Not posted yet.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
My last three stays showed zero Amenity points.
Last 3 Hotel stays I've had to call and ask for the Platnium welcome bonus to be applied.

Originally Posted by CMK10
I had a one night stay from 8/4-5 that still hasn't posted. I checked out on the app and got the email receipt on 8/5 but still no points. Glad to hear I'm not alone.
I had a two night stay from 8/5-8/7. Got the receipt in email as soon as I checked out, but nothing's posted yet.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:37 pm

I had to call to get platinum points posted for last 3 consecutive stays. I also had a heck of a time getting a autograph collection stay to post. I have to book for the company I work for through the concur app. I called Marriott to get the stay posted and they told me that if you don't have a reservation number that Marriott international can not look up the hotel stay and has to call the hotel directly. After 2 weeks of this autograph hotel saying they keep trying to post it it won't post Marriott International gave me the night and 25k bonus for probably close to 4 and half hours on the phone for me trying to deal with it
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by IslesFan
Last 3 Hotel stays I've had to call and ask for the Platnium welcome bonus to be applied.

I had a two night stay from 8/5-8/7. Got the receipt in email as soon as I checked out, but nothing's posted yet.
Did you call the hotel directly or Marriott to get the Platinum welcome bonus applied? I am missing almost all of them from the last 2 months as well as all Green choice points. I also didn't get any credit when I opted for points instead of breakfast on the weekend. The most annoying is that I booked several stays at rates that included bonus points. Most of those have not posted either.

I always get an emailed receipt and a paper one now because I've had a lot of stays in the last 3 months and hardly any of them have posted automatically. This is really maddening!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:20 am

Stay from check out on Monday posted overnight. I haven't gotten my platinum arrival points on my last three stays.
Need 10 nights (after 15 CC nights) and 24k points for legacy lifetime platinum

Last edited by dabears17; Aug 10, 2018 at 9:53 am
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Thingy, United MileagePlus Silver, blah on others
Yeah my stay in Anaheim didn't post. Marriott.com says to submit a request if it goes longer than 10 days (and it has) before posting. So I had to submit a missing stay request.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by elperro
Yeah my stay in Anaheim didn't post. Marriott.com says to submit a request if it goes longer than 10 days (and it has) before posting. So I had to submit a missing stay request.
Bear in mind that one of my three stays above with no Platinum amenity points was one that Marriott put through themselves later as a missing stay.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by wtigerFF
Did you call the hotel directly or Marriott to get the Platinum welcome bonus applied? I am missing almost all of them from the last 2 months as well as all Green choice points. I also didn't get any credit when I opted for points instead of breakfast on the weekend. The most annoying is that I booked several stays at rates that included bonus points. Most of those have not posted either.

I always get an emailed receipt and a paper one now because I've had a lot of stays in the last 3 months and hardly any of them have posted automatically. This is really maddening!
I called the hotels directly.

I've stayed at 4 different hotels since June 29th(some multiple stays).

Two of them(FS Marriotts) have posted the points pretty quickly. One did it within 12 hours, the other did it while I was on the phone, and apologized for the missing points(and gave me an extra 1500 pts to boot!).

The other two are fairfield's. One of them, I had 2 stays, and I saw the welcome bonus for one of the stays. I called the other night about the bonus, and have not seen it yet.

The second fairfield(which is the one I mentioned eariler that I stayed at this week), I called this morning, and the front desk agent said the manager would call me back tomorrow.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by wtigerFF

Depends on how many different hotels you have stayed at in the past month. If it is 5 or more I would call Marriott International instead of calling all of them! Also depends on how much times you have on your hands!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The last time I called to get my points I was put on hold while they "checked", coming back with "Sorry, but that was an award stay, no amenity points on those." Marriott of Omaha gave me the points right away (when I finally got off hold).

So, no, I'm not contacting hotels directly about it.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The last time I called to get my points I was put on hold while they "checked", coming back with "Sorry, but that was an award stay, no amenity points on those." Marriott of Omaha gave me the points right away (when I finally got off hold).

So, no, I'm not contacting hotels directly about it.
Another, of many, examples of CSRs making up rules to keep from having to do the work required to fix the problem. All too often they won't accept the system failed and say something that supports what happened vs what should have happen. Yeah, it's pretty chezzy chasing 500 points, but those can add up very fast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.