Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Favorite Property in Scottsdale / Phoenix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton

Please redirect me if there is a thread I should check out!
Do you have a favorite property and favorite club lounge for a long weekend trip with 2 kids?
Thank you!
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by BoulderHyattHopper
Do you have a favorite property and favorite club lounge for a long weekend trip with 2 kids?
Thank you!
There is another thread out there on propertied in Phoenix. I think the issue will be is that the favorite properties, for example the JW Desert Ridge of the Buttes for kids do not have lounges.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
As noted, the nice hotel/resorts won't have concierge lounges for elites (given that they are exempted because they are resorts).

As might be expected, the nicest would be the most expensive, specifically the two JW Marriotts. The Desert Ridge is a very large property with lots of fun for kids, including multiple different pools and a lazy river. The Camelback is a smaller property with a recently renovated main pool (large but smaller in size than the Desert Ridge). Camelback is more of a throwback/quite feel, whereas Desert Ridge is a large but very nice property.

A significantly cheaper choice is the Buttes. The room was very tired/dated when we were there a few years ago, but the property could be nice as well, if the pool area is the main focus (I also recall our breakfast buffet, which is offered free to me as a Plat, was beyond excellent).

You may also want to consider Tucson, where there is a JW (Starr Pass) that is similar (though not as big as) to Desert Ridge (two-leveled main pool with lazy river as well), and generally significantly less expensive. Going upscale, there is a Ritz Dove Mountain, which is an extremely nice hotel with a medium size pool and medium/long pool slide. Tucson is only really a 1.5 hour drive from PHX.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Now that Marriott has acquired Starwood, you may want to look at the Westin Kierland.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Thank you!
JW Dessert Ridge- We stay there 4 times a year (kids ages 7 and 4) OR at Marriott Vacation Club. We don't vacation anywhere else. Stay here.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Thank you!
at JW D. Ridge, ids are not allowed in the Club (that costs extra anyways)
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Info re: the Griffin Club at the JW Desert Ridge:

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-info/p...8/home-page.mi

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.