Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Michilander
Spring 2017 Promotions:

Seems to be three possibilities:

Promotion A
  • Earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017

Promotion B
  • Earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017
  • At the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 15,000 bonus points after 10 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points. Maximum of 30,000 bonus points.

Promotion C
  • At the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 30,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points. Maximum of 45,000 bonus points.

Marriott Rewards® 2017 Spring Mega Bonus
Terms and Conditions

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
• Registration is required.
• Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by March 15, 2017 will earn double (2x) points on their first three (3) paid stays* made between January 16, 2017 and April 15, 2017 at participating Marriott® properties (the “promotional period”).
• In addition, at the conclusion of three paid stays, the member will earn 30,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 1,500 bonus points for every additional paid night up to 15,000 bonus points – maximum of 45,000 additional bonus points during the promotional period.
• Maximum of 45,000 bonus points is in addition to any points earned during double point stays during the promotional period.
• The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable.
• Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the qualifying stays.
• ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments nights and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.
• Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
• Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
• For a list of current Marriott Rewards participating brands, visit http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/hotels.mi.
• Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
• Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
• All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
• See http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
• Visit www.MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.
© 2017 Marriott International, Inc.
Print Wikipost

2017 1st promotion is here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Have no received any promo and got an error when I tried to register.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I called and the fellow signed me up for Promo A. Sadly no confirmation email was received and in my online account it doesn't show the promo as registered. Hopefully he did it correctly.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I called and the fellow signed me up for Promo A. Sadly no confirmation email was received and in my online account it doesn't show the promo as registered. Hopefully he did it correctly.
takes about 12 hours for it to show up online mid younhave already waited atleast a day, please call them again.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Ritz is included. I'm in my fourth consecutive week and they've all counted. It's also listed in the T&C.
We know from the TCs but how do you know from your consecutive weeks stays as I think it all posts only after you check out. Am I missing something?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
We know from the TCs but how do you know from your consecutive weeks stays as I think it all posts only after you check out. Am I missing something?
I've been checking out every Friday, returning on Sunday. In between I'm flying 5k miles, doing laundry, and packing for the coming week. Fun times.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
I've been checking out every Friday, returning on Sunday. In between I'm flying 5k miles, doing laundry, and packing for the coming week. Fun times.
Used to do a lot of that craziness; now I just stay gone a lot longer and find myself quite a bit more productive by remaining in the timezone and in my personal space. I probably have one of the lowest air miles yields of anyone who's on the road nearly nonstop, but what are those worth anymore??
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Used to do a lot of that craziness; now I just stay gone a lot longer and find myself quite a bit more productive by remaining in the timezone and in my personal space. I probably have one of the lowest air miles yields of anyone who's on the road nearly nonstop, but what are those worth anymore??
Six more weeks and this misery is over. Unfortunately it's cheaper to fly home than stay, and I have a cheap boss.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
takes about 12 hours for it to show up online mid younhave already waited atleast a day, please call them again.
Yup, that's exactly what happened - showed up after 12 hours.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:40 am

Six more weeks and this misery is over. Unfortunately it's cheaper to fly home than stay, and I have a cheap boss.
It's also unfortunate but easy to have a cheap boss.

Anyway, this is flyertalk. Everyone here loves to park themselves in airplanes longer trying to get a few extra miles.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:41 am

Gotcha! Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Have no received any promo and got an error when I tried to register.
I've had the same problem since the promotion started but forgot about it - I often get errors if the promotion is new. I was reminded of it today, still got the error, called Marriott Rewards customer service. They said some percentage of accounts have this issue and retroactively registered me for the promotion effective the promotion start date, and it should take effect within 24 hours.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thesun
I've had the same problem since the promotion started but forgot about it - I often get errors if the promotion is new. I was reminded of it today, still got the error, called Marriott Rewards customer service. They said some percentage of accounts have this issue and retroactively registered me for the promotion effective the promotion start date, and it should take effect within 24 hours.
The promotion showed up as registered today with additional points for past stays properly credited.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
I will have 12 actual nights beyond the 3 initial double point stays. If I got the MR credit card with the 15 nights that you get would that satisfy the 20 nights and then add 1500 points beyond...?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimdarcy
I will have 12 actual nights beyond the 3 initial double point stays. If I got the MR credit card with the 15 nights that you get would that satisfy the 20 nights and then add 1500 points beyond...?
No, all the credit card gives you is a count of 15 nights toward elite status, not toward any promos. You have to stay another 8 actual paid nights by mid-April to get to 20 beyond the 3 (and thus to 30k additional bonus if you have promotion version C).

And that's assuming, of course, your 12 nights mentioned above are all paid. (Award nights don't count toward the promo either.)
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, all the credit card gives you is a count of 15 nights toward elite status, not toward any promos. You have to stay another 8 actual paid nights by mid-April to get to 20 beyond the 3 (and thus to 30k additional bonus if you have promotion version C).

And that's assuming, of course, your 12 nights mentioned above are all paid. (Award nights don't count toward the promo either.)
very helpful, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.