Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Most aspirational Ritz-Carlton/Marriott award properties in the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most aspirational Ritz-Carlton/Marriott award properties in the world

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:24 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by bhrubin
It feels like there are fewer RC properties which we can label as being aspirational luxury--where I'd really want to push to include these in my travels. It also feels like there isn't a single Marriott property that I'd include as making me want to travel to a locale otherwise.

1. RC Tokyo
2. RC Hong Kong
3. RC Shanghai
4. RC Bachelor Gulch, CO
5. RC New York Central Park
6. Hotel Arts Barcelona, RC
7. RC Vienna
8. RC Kyoto
10. RC Lake Tahoe
11. RC Half Moon Bay
12. RC Montreal

How am I doing?
Ritz Langkawi is truly aspirational IMO after having just visited. It wasn't opened when this thread was started though.

Can't think of many more truly aspirational properties in legacy Marriott brands
Old May 1, 2019, 7:06 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Was looking back over this thread and am surprised there are no new additions. St Regis Hong Kong and St Regis Venice are both exciting possibilities that we plan to visit.

Greece and Spain both turned out to be near perfect trips. All of the hotels we stayed at (including our Paris stop at Prince de Galles) were highlights. We honestly didn't have a mediocre stay (except our last stop at Park Tower Knightsbridge- we won't return there) Greece was Grande Bretagne, Mystique and Domes of Elounda (Haute Living). Spain
was Hotel Arts, Maria Cristina, Madrid Palace and Alfonso XIII. We would return to all of those and are actually planning a return visit to San Sebastian with a return to Maria Cristina and a stay at Marqués de Riscal since we missed it during their renovation.

Later this year we will try Tambo del Inka and Palacio del Inka and we have heard good things about both.

Would love to see this list updated for inspiration!
Old May 1, 2019, 7:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by damon88
We honestly didn't have a mediocre stay (except our last stop at Park Tower Knightsbridge- we won't return there)
Hmmmm...there’s a phrase of which I’m thinking here...
damon88 likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:33 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Hmmmm...there’s a phrase of which I’m thinking here...

Haha. But in a weird way it proves my point that one can have very different experiences at the same hotel. We had 5 amazing stays at the Danieli- including one in 2007 that we consider our best hotel stay ever-- but on our last visit in October 2017 we were so disappointed we vowed never to return (partly to preserve our wonderful memories).

And I think we have stayed at the Park Tower Knightsbridge a dozen times in the last 16 years and in October 2017 and most were excellent, but on our visit last month the vibe at the hotel had changed. There were still some highlights. The gave us a nice upgrade. Our butler was great. We had picked up some special Caviar in Rio Frio in Spain and after mentioning it to our butler the Chef surprised us by sending up full accoutrements including specially made blinis and creme fraiche even though they weren't on the menu. And I will always be grateful to the concierges who tracked down impossible to get tickets for us to see Ian McKellen in Chichester. But the hotel has changed over the years. We've just decided it is time to move on and explore a new hotel.
dgreen12 and bhrubin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.